Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All OptiBoard Photographers! (Summer 2003)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and

Not so recent vacation

Steve -
    Actually this took several attempts. The first day I checked on the "when" I should attempt the shot, and then whent back the next day to set up at that time. 10 frames at various exposure times to get the one useable print. If I remember right - this one was 2.5 or 3 seconds at F16 using my Canon F1 35mm. Ran with a Cokin filter system, polarizing some on top of that, tripod mounted, and a little additional darkroom tweaking. To be honest, I did digital darkroom work using Paint Shop Pro.

I use to shoot semi-professionally many years back, and I was also the 'criminal photographer' when I was in law enforcement. Now, other than some vacation shooting, I don't have the time for all the effort involved. And even when I'm on vacation... it seems I have little spare time to do all the other stuff too.
    During my peak days, I was known to shoot 100 frames a day just to get 1 or 2 shots I really liked. Shoot 3 or 4 rolls (slide film) and then go home and develop it. And I use to carry a pocket recorder (and spent alot of time talking out loud to myself) so that I could remember the frame settings on multiple shoots. I still own 4 35mm's (1 with a motor drive), 1 two-and-a quarter, and a Crown Graphic. The Crown shoots a 4"x5" negative. I mostly used that one for portrait work. I also have a full color darkroom set up and can produce up to a 16"x20" paper size.

PS - I also collect antique cameras. But that's a hit-n-miss hobby now too.

Perhaps if I get time, I'll dig through some of my old stuff (I'd need to convert from paper to jpeg) and post a few here.
    Last edited by JRS; 08-19-2003, 11:00 PM.
    J. R. Smith

Comment

Wow - the colors on that last shot are amazing! Where was this taken?

OptiBoard Administrator
      ----
      OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

Another one of my pictures

Shot of Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium from Covington, KY.
        Attached Files

Comment

lpdeen, JRS, Thomas

magnificent photos, colors are awesome on each one

B

Comment

Billy Brock said:
            lpdeen, JRS, Thomas

magnificent photos, colors are awesome on each one

B

Ditto! Great!
            ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Latest trip (not a great shot, but not too bad considering I was in a moving car with the windows up!)...
              Attached Files
              Pete Hanlin, ABOM
              Vice President Professional Services
              Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Comment

And THIS is my finger sporting a 1970 Colts Superbowl ring!!! Yes, it is a terrible photo- but the ring was too cool (plus, it serves as proof that the Colts were actually half decent at some point in their illustrious history...). Now we need to bring a Lombardi Trophy to Indianapolis!!!
                Attached Files
                Pete Hanlin, ABOM
                Vice President Professional Services
                Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Comment

Pete Hanlin said:
                  (plus, it serves as proof that the Colts were actually half decent at some point in their illustrious history...). Now we need to bring a Lombardi Trophy to Indianapolis!!!
                  From your lips to God's ears! :D :D :cheers: :cheers:
                  ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Looks like rain

This is a shot one of those afternoon seabreeze storms that blow up here in the "Sunshine State" from time to time in the summer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow. That sky looks ominous.

Comment

Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree.....
                        Attached Files
                        Wes Trayner

Comment

Pete,
                          Next time you're up this way, try the FDR memorial at night. It's magnificent.

Comment

YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG

probably the best shot ever taken of me , i was 36, sorry Darris

Comment

YESTERDAY WHEN I WAS YOUNG

second try, i,ll get it eventually
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thread split due to popularity!

Calling All OptiBoard Photographers! has become so popular that it began to take awhile for the thread to load. We have decided to split the original thread into new threads for each season.

You can find all of the great OptiBoard member photographs at these links:

You will only be able to post new pictures to the current thread; however, the others will all be available for viewing.

Comment

Working...
                                X