Thread: reciprocity and stuff

Bad address email on file

Unhappy

Hi from vancouver.I for one can`t wait until july 1st when reciprocity kicks in.I`m looking to hire a full time incredibly good optician for a 4 day work week in a small boutique with loyal clientel.anyone interested? In other news, there are now 28 eyelogic systems in B.C.. Also the Iris group has bought out all the london optical stores here.Has anyone dealt with this quebec group?What`s happening out there? Regards,Lee(chomping at the bit so I can drive my bike again this summer.)

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Iris merged with Fort Group of Optical Companies(Hale, London and Eyeworks) already in September, but I guess it really wasn't made public until now.
    I'm at London Optical in Calgary and in a couple of weeks we'll also be renamed to Iris Optical. Will be getting our own line of frames and contacts while still carrying the good quality stuff from our present suppliers. They also want to open up 5 more stores in Calgary and some in BC in the next couple of years. Big plans... We'll see how it all turns out.

Pille

OptiBoard Apprentice

so can any one tell me what its like to get a job in ottawa? haven't been to that part of ontario so i'm not sure what companies are there

jill

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    lee, visited vancouver 10/99, what a great place, if I was leavin texas, it would be a consideration.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

''
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 03-02-2007 at 12:15 AM.

Occupation
    Optical Retail

''
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 03-02-2007 at 12:15 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice

hey gary where in ontario, a few months back the oac website stated that most provinces accepted receprocity..... ya 6 months after i had to redo my boards for a nova scotia license. my understanding is that july 1, 2001 all provinces must comply with receprocity.

ps whos going to vision in march

[This message has been edited by jillybean (edited 02-09-2001).]

Occupation
    Optical Retail

''
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 03-02-2007 at 12:14 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Hey gary i am in halifax but soon to be ottawa... oac web address http://www.opticians.ca/

when and where did you graduate... do we know each other

georgian 1990

Hello Jillybean,
    My understanding is BC & Quebec will not join receprocity with other provinces,but at last moment who knows.....
    Receprocity will apply if you have both eyeglass dispensing and contact lens dispensing license from your province.If you have eyeglass dispensing license only, you may not be accepted in other provinces.
    May be Canadian opticians can enlighten us more on this issue.
    yes,I will be in Toronto for Vision East exposition,Would be delighted to meet anyone of you there!
    Ontario is wealthiest Canadian province and there are no employment problems for opticians.I am not certain if opticianry qualification from States is approved for registration.

Occupation
    Optical Retail

[[
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 03-02-2007 at 12:14 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice

my understanding is that july of 2001 everyone including bc and quebec have accept receiprocity. ontario held out until feb 2000. lee can answer more regarding bc involvement. ontario is the only province with a dual license so therefore you must be contact lens certified in your province to receive an ontario license. Anyone wishing to move to ontario should contact the board for further clairification. In all other provinces the contact lens license is separate therfore once you are licensed as an optician you can always take the NAIT contact lens course while in that province, except Nova Scotia (they just set up the dispensing and contact lens course at the Scotia Career Academy) therefore if you wanted to do contact lenses you would take the course there vice NAIT

regarding any other countries, anyone interested should contact the Board of Dispensing Opticians in the particular province they wish to go to

considering going to vision, it would be neat to see old classmates and even meet some of you that we chat with.

[This message has been edited by jillybean (edited 02-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jillybean (edited 02-10-2001).]

Unhappy

hi back at you......My understanding is that there are no other options.It has been federally legislated that reciprocity Will take place across all of Canada July 1st,Good eh!!!!

------------------

OptiBoard Apprentice

that exactly what i thought but just wanted to verify with someone from bc

Thread Information