Ratings:
    Quality:
    Ease of use:
    Client acceptance (if applicable):
    Customer service of the manufacturer or distributor:
    Value:
    Overall:

Review:
    I originally came across this product at VE east in March. Simply stated the Swinger is a unique solution to a universal problem in retail optical, and that problem is one of space availability. It is a system of mirrors that do not take up wall space, and they do not take up counter space, they hang from the ceiling and retract when not in use.

The typical optical dispensary has mirrors in every conceivable location they might be used. This is done by using valuable display space and usually the customer has to walk over to where the mirrors are anyway.
    The Eye Biz design group has solved this problem by producing a mirror that stays where it is needed and takes up no otherwise usable space. Imagine your own dispensary if you will. Now imagine what you could do with the space currently being taken up by mirrors.

My shop is a good example of limited space. My office is so small I have to go into the hall to change my mind. My main frame display is a carousel holding 300 frames which sits inside the Doctor’s waiting room. It is a free standing display with no room for a mirror. I had previously used a hand mirror sitting on top of the display but this was not very satisfactory because it often got moved around. I now have a Swinger hanging from the ceiling and its gotten a lot of attention. It is user friendly and has one side magnified so most browsers can see with it.

I purchased a second unit for use over the one fitting table I have and it allowed me to have a clean desktop without having to talk to folks from around a table mirror. For me it has been a simple inexpensive solution .The Swinger mirrors start at $159.00 in price.

Nothing is perfect. I have noticed one design flaw. The mirror spins on occasion and the mirror is attached to the lowering device by being screwed in to it. Because the mirror can spin, the screw can loosen. If it comes out all the way, Newton’s second law of gravity takes over and the mirror falls. Prudence will dictate checking the tightness of that screw on occasion. Other than that small detail, this is an excellent product I highly recommend.

My digital is on the fritz so I don’t have a picture but you can get the idea of the whole thing along with pictures by going to their website.

http://www.eyebizdesigngroup.com/

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?
    I liked this product so much I bought another one, and they’ve been up about a week. I have already had customers ask where they could get one. This product was one great idea.

PS I think the telephone curly cord is an extra. Mine arrived with just a metal cable. You can see what I'm talking about in the picture of the optical shop at the website. I would say this is a worthwhile purchase for 2 reasons. The first is visibility (safety) and the second is for showing the function of the mirror and how it works.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry:

Locktite

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thanks for the reminder...

Having dealt with loose screws on a daily basis for 44 years as of this Sunday........You'd have thought I would have come up with that on my own!:D Fact is I didn't even think of it which is VERY disturbing! Maybe I really DO have Alshiemers!!!!

Thanks Chip!

hj

Loctite has been installed!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

OptiBoard Professional William Walker's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Our luck...

Our office purchased three swinger mirrors at VE a few years ago, and within about 6 or 7 months two of our three came down while in patient hands! We contacted Swinger, and although it did take them a very long time to get the issue resolved, we did get 'a great deal' in upgrading to a better designed mounting system. We are kind of anxious to install them, but we are having a new office built for us that should have us movinf in a few months anyway, so we've decided to just wait until then.
    William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
    Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
    Licensed Dispensing Optician
    Board Certified
    Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
    American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
    National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have been happy with ours and have had no problem. We have ours two years. It is very convenient at our Suncenter area. We will probably buy more after remodeling.

OptiBoard Professional William Walker's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have the typical false ceiling you find in every strip mall, and the swinger mirror's mount can be mounted higher than the ceiling, and then the wire suspending the mirror itself can just come through a hole in the ceiling tile, so you don't have to see all the hardware. It does make for a very nice look.
    William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
    Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
    Licensed Dispensing Optician
    Board Certified
    Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
    American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
    National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have one that clips to the frame of the drop ceiling tiles. It's great. Clients get a kick out of it.

Thread Information