Thread: How is DavisVision Lately

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Smilie How is DavisVision Lately

First off let me thank everyone on here, I come here for the great depth of knowledge and advice.

Soooo we ditched Davis after the pandemic. However, we are growing our practice with a brand new Doctor. The Drs. are considering signing this new Dr. up as a Davis provider to help quickly grow their client base.
    I know the correct answer to this is not to do it but its not my call.

My question is do they still horrible to deal with. Is their website issues all worked out (I hope its been 5 years since they rolled that thing out.)

Thanks In advance

Dan

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Versant (Davis) is still the same. An hour to talk to the live person, who usually has no clue anyway! They have lost a few big players this year.
    It might be a problem having one doc on the panel and the rest not! But you will get the doc busy! Some plans pay for medical also!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The new website works just fine. It's the clunkiest order interface around, but it works. The fact that I am able to use labs that I choose is extremely helpful, and means that I only have to actually call Versant (and wait on hold for years) a few times a year. Versant is now the portal for both Davis and Superior Vision.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks Lenny
    That's what I was fearing. I remember Pre pandemic a over a year into their new portal roll out I spent and average of 10 hours of a 40 hour work week on the phone with them. We tracked it for fun, If you call it fun.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManDan View Post
    Thanks Lenny
    That's what I was fearing. I remember Pre pandemic a over a year into their new portal roll out I spent and average of 10 hours of a 40 hour work week on the phone with them. We tracked it for fun, If you call it fun.
    I'm finding that I almost never have to call them any more, though. All of my order issues go directly to the lab, which is a lab I was already using.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    the rep just came into my office today and said how the website was "super user friendly and easy to navigate. the portal is just like vsp's"

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Website is fine enough, but still some stupidity imo. For some reason the drop-downs are all "type until it matches something" as opposed to showing me ANY options. Why when billing exams I have to select no medical diagnoses, confirm they are not diabetic, and then select AGAIN that there's no medical diagnoses is "fun". Some issues surrounding trying to do exam, fit, and CLs all in one go. If I need to do a remake for reasons other than numbers change, the lab has to void the whole dang thing, we wait for two days or so, then I have to resubmit. I admit the last one MIGHT be a lab thing, but it also fits Davis' historic MO pretty well. I do not, for instance, have similar resubmit issues when I need to change things on my Spectera jobs using the same lab

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by dwlk View Post
    the rep just came into my office today and said how the website was "super user friendly and easy to navigate. the portal is just like vsp's"
    Hmm. I vastly prefer Versant's eyeglass order interface to Eyefinity.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    If I need to do a remake for reasons other than numbers change, the lab has to void the whole dang thing, we wait for two days or so, then I have to resubmit. I admit the last one MIGHT be a lab thing, but it also fits Davis' historic MO pretty well. I do not, for instance, have similar resubmit issues when I need to change things on my Spectera jobs using the same lab
    EyeMed and VSP are the same.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    From what I hear, they are still losing/breaking patient's own frames frequently. I guess this only applies if you are forced to use their lab. I had heard that some people were able to get away with using their own lab, but I am sure there are many hoops to jump through. The Davis lab sucks eggs.
    Krystle

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Davis still sucks, the ugly tower of Davis frames still sucks, but hey, at least you can use your own lab now. For the first time in 20 years, I don't take it at my office anymore.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Lab View Post
    Davis still sucks, the ugly tower of Davis frames still sucks, but hey, at least you can use your own lab now. For the first time in 20 years, I don't take it at my office anymore.
    Can you use your own lab on medicaid patients? Do they pay for replacement pairs?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    EyeMed and VSP are the same.
    Generally not for us. It usually only comes into play with drastic and very edge-case changes ("that lens/material combo stopped existing several years ago" order of things), otherwise they just kinda handle it for us. Much less hassle on our end!

Thread Information