Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9th Generation of Transitions photochromic lenses available in April 2024 (Gen S)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th Generation of Transitions photochromic lenses available in April 2024 (Gen S)

Launching the tech at Vision Expo East.

Some impressive info here: Cat 3 darkness in 25 seconds and less than 2 minute fade time.

New Ruby color and all colors are supposed to stay true to tone at all levels of darkness.

Keeps getting better.

Comment

Lookie here! A new wheel!

Comment

New XTRA active version when?

Comment

I must say, Transitions 8 and XTRActive are the first time in my career I've been impressed by photochromics. 8 is very clear, changes quickly, and doesn't yellow as soon as previous generations, and especially competitors, did. And XTRActive has helped me move a handful of die-hard glass Thin&Dark wearers into plastics, successfully.
          www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanLiv View Post
            I must say, Transitions 8 and XTRActive are the first time in my career I've been impressed by photochromics. 8 is very clear, changes quickly, and doesn't yellow as soon as previous generations, and especially competitors, did. And XTRActive has helped me move a handful of die-hard glass Thin&Dark wearers into plastics, successfully.
            +1. For me, Transitions VI was the improvement that brought me around to photochromics, but 8 is miles better.
            I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

so hyped, i have the polarized version and i lovveee them, im excited to see the ruby

Comment

Here's a video taken during the Transitions Academy a few days ago in Orlando. You can see the colors around the 02:16 mark. They look much much better than Gen 8 with being true to tone. Super nice.

He mainly regurgitates the available info but one nugget at the end is Gen S is only replacing Gen 8. All Xtractive products including style mirrors and polarized will remain unchanged.

Comment

I'm really excited for the Ruby color. I've been able to sell more Transitions with the extended line of colors for the 8th gen. I sell a lot of Transitions Sapphire and Amethyst. They need to have a marketing campaign targeting younger wearers. It's an easy sell for Gen X and older, but I find a lot of younger people think Transitions are uncool, like wearing "dad" sneakers. Why comfort, functionality, and convenience are uncool, I do not know.
                  Krystle

Comment

I received my first order back with a Gen S a couple of days ago. It was a grey. The fade time is very impressive to see in person. Thumbs Up. Looking forward to seeing the "true to tone" darkening in the style colors.

Comment

for those wondering outside of the normal colors (graphite green, grey and brown) VSP won't cover them.

Comment

What I am gleaning from these posts is that the older you get, the better Transitions lenses seem to be. Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLiv View Post
                          Spot on.

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
                          Lookie here! A new wheel!
                          Just saw the Ruby, looks pretty cool. The colors definitely pop a bit more than the Gen 8 and they do turn dark and lighter much faster. Best thing is throughout the entire presentation they didn't talk about using AI... not even once!

Comment

We've had one order with the Transitions S this week. The darkening time is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                            X