Thread: Another mystery PAL - any guesses?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Another mystery PAL - any guesses?

Had a weird one come across my desk today. Super crazed and a little hard to make out. Drill frame. Transitions (I *think*). I couldn't find a definitive match for the laser marks though. Any guesses on this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnknownPAL.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	15471

Pretty certain they were Trivex (the last symbol might bear that out?), but the rest has me stumped. Wouldn't generally care so much, but its a case of the patient LOOOOOVING this particular design, and would like to have a better idea of her lens history (she's been a multi-remake sort of pt according to her own telling.)

Thanks all!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am almost certain the last symbol is the Essilor symbol for trivex. I have no idea what the X + is though.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That is the Trivex symbol for Essilor designs for the last symbol. I don't see any Essilor designs that use X + when checking EPIC's Progresssive Identifier database.
    I'm not sure Essilor makes any private label progressive design but perhaps it could be that.

I'm sure you've already checked, but have you asked pt where the lenses were ordered from and checked with them?

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Don't even start to dig the hole!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post

Pretty certain they were Trivex (the last symbol might bear that out?), but the rest has me stumped. Wouldn't generally care so much, but its a case of the patient LOOOOOVING this particular design, and would like to have a better idea of her lens history (she's been a multi-remake sort of pt according to her own telling.)

Thanks all!
    Why not try to call the place she got it? I have a feeling they'll be happy to share.

Then, if that design is not readily available, "I'm willing to try what is in my experience (stay positive) an equal or even better design!".

Finally, I'd make clear if it fails there is no refund and if she does not trust my skills, experience and knowledge she needs to find someone else who can help her.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 08-29-2023 at 08:43 AM. Reason: tweak...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah - she conveniently "can't remember" where they were done exactly. I'm guessing this is some sort of "house brand", but definitely sniffs of Essilor to me too. Assuming their typical 4 drop, her reader is all but hacked off the bottom (super small B frame)...and her Rx changed barely a whiff. But now of course, it's her favorite pair ever, and nothing has ever worked better. *eye roll* Just thought I'd check to see if the above jingled any bells for the collective to try and find something close/better. Appreciate the response all!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If it is a house brand progressive maybe check with Essilux retail stores, Lenscrafters, Pearle Vision, or Target Optical. It would make sense that they would to use the Essilor symbol for trivex and then use their own markings for the progressive.

Thread Information