Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it clown time?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by NAICITPO View Post
    The mapping is of a -2.00 -0.25 x 175 and the astigmatism with a +2.00 add.
    Interesting that they are using virtually no cylinder in the comparison example. I'm sure the rx chosen was one that would show the biggest difference between the two designs. I'm wondering if there is less of an difference with high cylinder and/or high adds. Either way, I'm sure it is an improvement.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	15457

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok, we just had our lab rep in with the literature yesterday. And ignoring the XR vanilla for one moment, what the hell are "Near Vision Behavior Measurements" for the XR Track? I assume this would require some bespoke IPad app/tool, and consequently would cost beaucoup big bucks to "invest" in for a practice

edit: I would have asked, but I wasn't actually in the office

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    Ok, we just had our lab rep in with the literature yesterday. And ignoring the XR vanilla for one moment, what the hell are "Near Vision Behavior Measurements" for the XR Track? I assume this would require some bespoke IPad app/tool, and consequently would cost beaucoup big bucks to "invest" in for a practice

edit: I would have asked, but I wasn't actually in the office
    Yes, the tool is around 3k I believe, takes PD's and seg and does the "Near Vision Behavior Measurements". I think the tool is technically free after rebates if you sell enough of the XR Track. My practice won't do it because a majority of our business is VSP and the XR Track isn't on the formulary. It's a power play between Essilux and VSP. Essilor wanted the XR Track to have its own category and VSP said absolutely not. On Eyemed the XR Track doesn't have its own category so I am at a loss why Essilor would do this, maybe it's some kind of marketing ploy to make their products seem superior? "You can't even use your VSP insurance for this, that's how exclusive this is!!!"

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is what I have done.
    I am also testing myself as progressives typically activate my vertigo. I have my newest RX in the XR, X and Physio 3.0. So far the XR and Physio have been my top 2. I haven't been comfortable in the X which is a surprise, because it's what I have been wearing since it's release. I like the Shamir AI too.

Quote Originally Posted by ODoS_HBB View Post
    I just saw my Essilor rep about this yesterday. The X design has been good for me as a top end lens option, so I'm willing to try to XR. However, I doubt anyone but dedicated lens enthusiast will be able to tell the X apart from the XR IMHO. The cost increase is minimal on my end so I might swap the X out for the XR to see how it goes.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliaG View Post
    This is what I have done.
    I am also testing myself as progressives typically activate my vertigo. I have my newest RX in the XR, X and Physio 3.0. So far the XR and Physio have been my top 2. I haven't been comfortable in the X which is a surprise, because it's what I have been wearing since it's release. I like the Shamir AI too.
    very interesting they physio is holding its own with the XR

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chamilun View Post
    very interesting they physio is holding its own with the XR
    Yes, good engineering is timeless.

Robert Martellaro
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So the new version of your progressive, transitions, anti-reflective, polycarbonate, lens molding system, flex frame, spring hinge (take your pick) is going to resolve all of the problems that you denied existed in your previous release? Great. Sign me up.

Thread Information