Thread: Question about ability to order Lindberg tools i.e. Groove beveling tool

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Question about ability to order Lindberg tools i.e. Groove beveling tool

I have searched the internet high and low and have had no joy so I have turned to this forum. I am not involved in any optical profession so my knowledge regarding optometry is very limited. Therefore my questions may seem very simple for those involved in the industry.

I recently purchased a lot of Lindberg items, all new-in-box. I had never heard of the company but a quick search motivated me to bid on the items in an auction (they were forfeited items - no need to get into further details). There are frames and cloths and cases as well as nose and temple pieces. That is what I was planning to sell online in the future.

However there are also some Lindberg tools and assorted items that I have no idea what they are. I have searched online and found one reference to one of the pieces. It appears, to me anyway, that some of Lindberg tools may be propriety. I am just wondering if a lay person, or even an optometrist, can purchase such items from Lindberg. Would there be any value in such pieces?

I do have a new T4184 Groove beveling tool (only for rims), a Lindberg frame/lens measuring/alignment board with a digital caliper attached, metal plates with the shape of lenses cut out, numerous plastic discs in the shape of specific lenses as named on the disk with holes drill through them and scales on them, etc.

I am mainly curious to find out what each item is used for, whether they are common and that I should just trash them. I can attach a few pictures if needed. Even direction to a specific website that may have this information would be great.

Thanks.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    As per the forum rules which you agreed to when registering, this forum is for eyecare professionals only. I suggest contacting local eyecare professionals with these questions

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information