Thread: Kappa Tracer calibration help

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Kappa Tracer calibration help

I was given a Kappa Tracer/Edger machine. It was working fine until I decided to run a calibration on my tracer. I have the plastic portion which patterns fit in and it calibrated fine but apparently there is another part that was not in the stuff I received and now I am getting the A12 message that the tracer isn't calibrated because I don't have the necessary part to use to finish the calibration. This is stopping me from getting back to tracing frames and edging lenses. Is there anyway to override this so I can get back to edging lenses? Thanks very much for the help. I have reached out to Essilor customer service and Coburn but as of yet noone has been available at either place to assist me.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    I was given a Kappa Tracer/Edger machine. It was working fine until I decided to run a calibration on my tracer. I have the plastic portion which patterns fit in and it calibrated fine but apparently there is another part that was not in the stuff I received and now I am getting the A12 message that the tracer isn't calibrated because I don't have the necessary part to use to finish the calibration. This is stopping me from getting back to tracing frames and edging lenses. Is there anyway to override this so I can get back to edging lenses? Thanks very much for the help. I have reached out to Essilor customer service and Coburn but as of yet noone has been available at either place to assist me.

Well if the tech at Coburn I spoke with is right there is no alternative but to find the metal gauge piece. Apparently everything saved is cleared when you start the calibration and you can't return it to an earlier setting. I guess I am now in the market for that piece. Coburn is closed now but apparently they have one in stock. I also spoke to another gentleman who is looking into the part for me but won't have any info until tomorrow as well. If anyone happens to have a spare metal calibration jig lying around and wants to get rid of it please drop me a line, thanks.

Thread Information