Thread: Loyalty

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Loyalty

Sitting reflecting over my 20+ years in this amazing field, I have had some very loyal patients, I have patients that followed me from my last office of 17 years to the one I have been at for the last 5, even changing doctors after all that time, just because I am here. Some still get their eyecare at the previous office, but come to me for their specs. I guess that is why I have shared some of my discount thoughts and what we have done for fun discounts. I guess the reason this has come to mind is, every year, for the month of December, everyone that purchases from me gets a handwritten Christmas Card, with my business card and a 20% discount card for them, or anyone they want to give it to.

I believe I do my job very well, but I also believe that part of that loyalty is showing I care, when I truly do, especially about their vision, and too some point, about their lives, kids, grandkids, etc.

This is what separates us from those big box cracker jack oh you flip burgers your hired sell glasses kinda places.
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree, it’s very satisfying to have long term loyalty from our patients, especially when they refer friends and families. Over the years, it also adds value to your employer.

Many Opticians forget or don’t think about bringing up the fact of how many patients they can bring to a new employer when negotiating salary. ( I never forgot, and always was able to get better than offered pay.)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hmmm. And I thought the Doc was King.
    Last edited by Barry Santini; 12-15-2022 at 06:57 AM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Superb business post.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I guess penis envy is king.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    I guess penis envy is king.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiny-small.gif 
Views:	14 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	15217

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That's great Roy. I have quite a few customers who seem to be partial to me, and I hope they would actually be loyal enough to follow me should I move elsewhere.

I love the personal card, well done. How did you market yourself to those customers so they were able to find you when you moved on? How did you maintain good standing with your previous employer without being seen as "poaching" customers?

Drk, how would you be comfortable with your opticians promoting themselves, without imperiling your future business should those opticians move on and customers possibly seek them out?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLiv View Post
    That's great Roy. I have quite a few customers who seem to be partial to me, and I hope they would actually be loyal enough to follow me should I move elsewhere.

I love the personal card, well done. How did you market yourself to those customers so they were able to find you when you moved on? How did you maintain good standing with your previous employer without being seen as "poaching" customers?

Drk, how would you be comfortable with your opticians promoting themselves, without imperiling your future business should those opticians move on and customers possibly seek them out?
    We advertised with a half page add, the previous office still will not tell folks where I am, it's been 5 years. I run into them in town most of the time, or they call around to Opticals in town. Keep in mind, we are a town of about 50k with only 5 optical shops in town. However, I have had patients 4 hours away call around, then come see me.
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLiv View Post

Sorry didn't see this.

Intriguing question.

I think it would be super, as long as it was a person promoting themselves via the current office's media.

Say, a website video of you, featured on "Denver Precision Eye Works" website. Or, a little bloggy on "Facebook page for Rocky Mountain Optics". Or, a hand-written card with the print saying "Daniel Livingston, Master Optician, Bronco VisionCare Boutique".

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sir Richard Branson: Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. Think about it!

Thread Information