Thread: VR goggles

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

VR goggles

You are a hyperope and/or presbyope. You cannot read without your reading Rx. You are wearing a virtual reality device. The display shows a distant landscape, but the image is in fact a few cm from the eye. Do you need your specs? Can the goggle be adjusted to different eyes?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Good question. I'm -7.00 and tried a VR for the first time. It WAS blurry, but not -7.00 blurry. I think the screen distance is probably about 25-30 mm? Interestingly the distance was blurry in the display, but not the relatively near.

I would think an uncorrected hyperope would suffer worse than a myope. But you can leave your glasses on.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've got a VR setup at home (myope), and have a buddy who was a VR designer before changing departments. He brought me inserts for his Index (like a +5 hyperope). We tweaked his RX to add just a tad bit of up close (0.25) so his eyes could relax more (He designed in VR so long hours.) I see clear as a bell with my full RX. But we noticed one thing. While we were both fine with glasses on. As we played around with it. I could see decently without my glasses because it was up close. But the distance IN VR was still a tad fuzzy. So even though the screen was up close and I should have been able to see it just fine. It seemed like the images were being transferred as if they were true distance. Just not quite as blurry. For a presbyope, I would go with a slightly backed off reading.

Thread Information