Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vsp

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thoughts about VSP insurance and discount programs

Good morning optical world. I was wondering what some of you might have to say about VSP. We are trying to come up with a savings plan for the patients so we can drop VSP. Any ideas?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolejo View Post
    Good morning optical world. I was wondering what some of you might have to say about VSP. We are trying to come up with a savings plan for the patients so we can drop VSP. Any ideas?
    I would take some of your receipts now for patients with their VSP insurance and what they pay, then show what your cash pay price would be minus the reimbursement they get for submitting it out of network. I would laminate them so you can have that conversation with your insurance customers. I think there is a company that helps ECPs do the out of network claims for their customers, and I'm sure someone will chime in with the name of the company.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Anagram to file out-of-network reimbursements for pts. We also match the OON benefits on frame and lenses as a discount. For example: If the OON reimbursement for frames is $70 and for lenses is $60, we would give the pt a $130 discount off the total purchase price in addition to the $130 check that they would receive in the mail.

Anagram lets you check open access (Out of network) benefits for VSP, EyeMed, Spectera, Davis and a few others as well as file them. It is quick and easy to use. There is a monthly fee for it.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post
    We use Anagram to file out-of-network reimbursements for pts. We also match the OON benefits on frame and lenses as a discount. For example: If the OON reimbursement for frames is $70 and for lenses is $60, we would give the pt a $130 discount off the total purchase price in addition to the $130 check that they would receive in the mail.

Anagram lets you check open access (Out of network) benefits for VSP, EyeMed, Spectera, Davis and a few others as well as file them. It is quick and easy to use. There is a monthly fee for it.
    +1

Thread Information