Thread: OPTICIAN Looking for employment in USA

Bad address email on file

Idea OPTICIAN Looking for employment in USA

I am a British qualified Dispenmsing Optician with FBDO,FNAO.
    My experience is in the fiield of OPTOMETRY and Dispensing Optics.
    I manage 2 fully equipped practices with own MINILAB &EDGINGFACILITY.(One Hr. service)
    My experience in Optometry includes pre-optometry testing with the Autoref,Refraction,Tonometer,Fundusphotography and slit lamp examination.
    My managerial experience is varied and I am a computer literate.
    I am lloking for openings in USA and would like an offer of employment in USA as to settle in this beautiful country where I visited in feb 2003.
    I had the opportunity to view practices and was impressed with the general optical scene as well as lifestyle.
    I am ready to re-imburse potential employer for my work visa expenses in USA.
    I am looking for a challenging position anywhere in USA,and with my experience I am sure we can expand and enhance further.
    I am ready to face hard work.
    I shall be glad to hear from optical colleagues in USA as to the offer of employment.
    Thanks.
    Ed

OptiBoard Novice
    Hello Ed,

How are you? Here's some info from my part of the U.S...Ohio.

Check out the Wal-Mart Vision Centers in the Cleveland/Akron Area...(northeastern part of the State of Ohio)

The name of the district manager over the WMVision Centers in this area is "Basil Castrovance". If you dial 1-800-Wal-Mart, and follow the prompts to Customer Service...you'll be able to leave a message for him.

There are also Sam's Club Vision Centers(which is a sister company to WalMart) to look into.
    My sister is an Optician in Dayton Ohio(southwestern part of Ohio) and she works in the Sam's Club VisionCenter in Miamisburg Ohio...and her manager(-Kathy) is currently looking for a licensed Optician for their location. I'll have to get back w/you about their phone #.

I think the district manager for Sam's Club Vision Centers is named "Janelle Battatolli" (last name spelling may be a bit off) and she is definitly looking for people in her district...which is a most of Ohio.

In Ohio, one must be Licensed by the state by taking the ABO test that is given twice a year and also have 2 yrs apprenticeship to qualify for a license. The Ohio Optical Dispensers Board, does reciprocate other state licenses, but I'm not sure about different country reciprocity....check out their website at "www.state.oh.us/odb/" and click on "opticians information"

Our neighboring states of Pennsylvania and Michigan are not licensed states, so there won't be much money or advancement available in those states.

Hope that helps.

Take care
    Rita
    :)

OptiBoard Apprentice

Big Smile Job opening

Ed:

I am looking for someone with your experience. The office is located in Ft. Lauderdale Fl.

Please e-mail me at myvisionexpress4u@yahoo.com

If you are still interested

Bimmer

Would you be interested in a position in South Texas?

I would love to chat with you about it if you are

My address is klitman@bellatlantic.net

Thread Information