This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exotic color photochromic lenses

Do vibrant fun color photochromics exist anymore? I'm familiar with the Transitions colors, but they are not very colorful at all, just slightly shifted towards the claimed color in the same way G-15 is slightly shifted to green. I have a customer who wants a fun pink or purple photochromic and claims she's seen them on others. What she saw could easily be some cheap but fun-looking thing someone got from Zenni. Now she wants that from me and I don't know where to get it, neither does my (Essilor) lab know about any current product. I seem to remember Hoya having some in recent years? I haven't dealt with Hoya so that's just rumor I picked up. Anyone have a source for those?
    www.DanielLivingston.com

Originally posted by DanLiv View Post
    Do vibrant fun color photochromics exist anymore? I'm familiar with the Transitions colors, but they are not very colorful at all, just slightly shifted towards the claimed color in the same way G-15 is slightly shifted to green. I have a customer who wants a fun pink or purple photochromic and claims she's seen them on others. What she saw could easily be some cheap but fun-looking thing someone got from Zenni. Now she wants that from me and I don't know where to get it, neither does my (Essilor) lab know about any current product. I seem to remember Hoya having some in recent years? I haven't dealt with Hoya so that's just rumor I picked up. Anyone have a source for those?
    Sounds like a job for TRANSITIONS SPLITZ!
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

My lab still has the Transition Mirrors available in polycarb, but thats the closest thing I can think of in fun transitions colours. As far as I can see Hoya's Sensity line only does grey, brown, and grey-green, though they also have mirror options with Sensity Shine.
      I've seen non-RX photochromic colours on fashion glasses (Rayban Evolve lenses for example), but nothing fun and RXable.

In the manufacturing process could a lens be given a light tint, then have a photochromic coating applied? Or is that space cadet thinking?

Comment

Transitions has Style Colors in Emerald, Sapphire, Amethyst and Amber.
        transitions.com/gen8

Comment

Originally posted by ODoS_HBB View Post
          In the manufacturing process could a lens be given a light tint, then have a photochromic coating applied? Or is that space cadet thinking?
          Photochromics are are built into the lens blanks, so that would have to be first. But one can tint over that. Maybe my customer would like a pink tint lens that transitions to regular gray or brown. Of course now a bunch of labs are refusing to do tints on photochromics, so I'll have to get it from a lab that doesn't mind playing fast and loose.
          www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Originally posted by ODoS_HBB View Post
            This is from many years ago by a PPG Industries executive and Optiboard guru.

Post #6

Comment

Zeiss has a blue or pioneer green photofusion lenses but I have not dispensed either.

Comment

Yes they do. Luzerne offers its FreeFocus SV and PALs Photo-Fashion in plum, chili pepper red, lemon yellow, green apple, berry blue, and tangerine as well as grey and brown. They are also available with a mirror coating.

I am a rep.
                Last edited by Judy Canty; 06-26-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Whenever someone says no to adding Transitions to their lenses, I have been letting them know they expanded their color selection and I show them the new colors. A lot of times, especially with women, they change their mind. I have been selling the Transitions Sapphire and Amethyst a lot. I wish there were more vibrant colors. Rayban has a few photochromic lenses in their "Evolve" collection. Some go from clear to colored, and some start out with a medium tint that can be worn indoors and get darker in the sun. We just got one in that is a grey to pink gradient that gets darker in the sun. I want to buy it for myself so badly.
                  Krystle

Comment

Originally posted by Judy Canty View Post
                    Yes they do. Luzerne offers its FreeFocus SV and PALs Photo-Fashion in plum, chili pepper red, lemon yellow, green apple, berry blue, and tangerine as well as grey and brown. They are also available with a mirror coating.

I am a rep.
                    I had no idea that was a thing! I am totally going to order a SV with chili pepper red for myself.
                    Krystle

Comment

Are these actually Transitions or generic photochromics?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gilman View Post
                        Are these actually Transitions or generic photochromics?
                        Luzerne's PhotoFashion photochromics are available in our proprietary FreeFocus designs.
                        Transitions colors are available from us as well.
                        I am a rep.

Comment

We have semi finished Red, orange, yellow, blue, green, and purple 1.56 as well as plano's. Just a FYI

Comment

Luzerne's PhotoFashion photochromics are available in our proprietary FreeFocus designs.
                            Transitions colors are available from us as well.
                            I am a rep.
                            These are IOT designs right?

Comment

I just opened my account with Luzerne and am ordering my demo kit, these look great!! Thanks Judy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-30 153105.png
Views:	1
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	870871
                              www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Working...
                              X