Thread: MY Eye Lab

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

MY Eye Lab

Can someone give me some pointers on the way My Eye Lab operates?
    Do they carry brands?
    Do they all use one lab?
    Are ODs happy to work there?
    Do they take any routine or medical insurances?

TIA

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I checked them out once, needless to say, I went a different direction. They use the same labs, given they're spread out I'm not sure if they use multiple in different areas or all the same in one focused area. They do have brands, but nothing independent and nothing luxury or high fashion. More budget friendly. OD side, I'm not sure. But I really do not like the way they're set up for online exams. The doctor isn't even there all the time. Techs do more to set the patient up, and the doctor basically zoom calls into the appointment. Not sure on the insurance side though. They're more retail optometry.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by IIxIPariahIxII View Post
    I checked them out once, needless to say, I went a different direction. They use the same labs, given they're spread out I'm not sure if they use multiple in different areas or all the same in one focused area. They do have brands, but nothing independent and nothing luxury or high fashion. More budget friendly. OD side, I'm not sure. But I really do not like the way they're set up for online exams. The doctor isn't even there all the time. Techs do more to set the patient up, and the doctor basically zoom calls into the appointment. Not sure on the insurance side though. They're more retail optometry.
    Thank you!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't think they adjust their own glasses either. I have them come in my optical all the time for adjustments and repairs.

Thread Information