Thread: Unity via ii

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unity via ii

So UNITY VIA has a new VIA II and my question was, is the technology similar to the Varilux X or Varilux MAX? Tried to get an answer from a rep but the response was "inovation". The X apparently has these little "bubble zones"(as explained by the Varilux rep) of power that allows for the patient to acquire the image more quickly for the patient. Yeah, okay for the first time wearer, but for someone with exophoria (me)not so good. I have trouble with binocularity so the X is useless for seasoned wearers. I wore the X for hours and could not get rid of the headache even after several ADVIL smoothies. Rep said to try the Varilux W2 which was still based on older tech and that worked like a charm. I've heard of the MAX now and fixed several "problem" fits with that design. So back to the original question, with all these companies competing with each other, is this UNITY VIA II similar to? X? MAX? New Tech? Can I get a real answer please?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Parks133 View Post
    So UNITY VIA has a new VIA II and my question was, is the technology similar to the Varilux X or Varilux MAX? Tried to get an answer from a rep but the response was "inovation". The X apparently has these little "bubble zones"(as explained by the Varilux rep) of power that allows for the patient to acquire the image more quickly for the patient. Yeah, okay for the first time wearer, but for someone with exophoria (me)not so good. I have trouble with binocularity so the X is useless for seasoned wearers. I wore the X for hours and could not get rid of the headache even after several ADVIL smoothies. Rep said to try the Varilux W2 which was still based on older tech and that worked like a charm. I've heard of the MAX now and fixed several "problem" fits with that design. So back to the original question, with all these companies competing with each other, is this UNITY VIA II similar to? X? MAX? New Tech? Can I get a real answer please?
    So many buzz words that all these companies use, and there is no great resource for how to compare progressive lenses from different companies. Especially with exophoria, you are better off trying them out. Talk to your VSP rep.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's new and improved "Tide" time (again)...

Now your zones are wider, your comfort is greater and your whites are whiter than ever before!!!

Seriously- I wish they would do away with the idea of roman numerals, at least I think we are dealing with a two and not an eleven as every couple of years these lenses on paper are going to continue to be made far better than a patients visual perception. Accurate to 0.01 Diopters? Really? Did you have a carrot with lunch today???

If you take VSP and have not made the switch to Unity products you are leaving $$ on the table.

fwiw- Almost everyone I work with is given the Elite (now 2) progressive. I try not to even offer anything else.

Be sure to get the Unity Dispensing Guide from your VSP rep. Very easy to reference. Lays out availability options and descriptions with the 2 letter billing codes!

Thread Information