Thread: ISO a NEW LAB!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

ISO a NEW LAB!

Hello,

My practice is currently looking for a new lab for our private pay patients - looking to keep cost low but quality high (isn't everyone, right? ). Who are you working with? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by joellopez View Post
    Hello,

looking to keep cost low but quality high

Thanks!!!!

You sound like a consumer with a post like that. Pick one or the other for damn sake. Or just keep living in dream land.

Pacific Artisan Lab in Portland. I can tell you their quality is high. I have no idea what you mean by "low cost" so you'll have to see for yourself.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Joel! I see the welcoming committee has greeted you already, but I’ll add, welcome!

I know a lot of folks use laramy , good reputation. Cherry Optical gets very high marks also from many of my friends in different locations. Don’t look for cheap, especially with your private pay. Those are the folks that don’t follow their insurance. They tend to be loyal to good service and great products. You wanna keep every single one of them. Give them the best and they’ll return, and more importantly, referrals are priceless.
    Good luck in your search!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by joellopez View Post
    Hello,

My practice is currently looking for a new lab for our private pay patients - looking to keep cost low but quality high (isn't everyone, right? ). Who are you working with? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!
    Cherry Optical, Inc. in Green Bay, WI is the best wholesale lab I've used during my thirty-plus year career.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cheap = Nassau. Not always the best quality. We order basic SV lenses from them and have them edged elsewhere.

I hear Cherry Optical is the best. 4 day turnaround on average, they have no questions asked free remakes with very little limitations, and they stand by their work. If it CAN be done, they'll do it. They don't shy away from difficult jobs, either. Everyone raves about them. I would very much like to switch to them. I don't know if they work with insurances, though, like VSP.

Luzerne is pretty decent, but sometimes the turnaround times are unpredictable, in my experience, and you get one free remake within 90 days. So if you use that remake to change a lens option or segment height, and then two weeks later the patient has a prescription change, you're paying for the second remake. They do work with VSP.
    Krystle

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    Cherry Optical, Inc. in Green Bay, WI is the best wholesale lab I've used during my thirty-plus year career.
    +1
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Hi Joel! I see the welcoming committee has greeted you already, but I’ll add, welcome!

I know a lot of folks use laramy , good reputation. Cherry Optical gets very high marks also from many of my friends in different locations. Don’t look for cheap, especially with your private pay. Those are the folks that don’t follow their insurance. They tend to be loyal to good service and great products. You wanna keep every single one of them. Give them the best and they’ll return, and more importantly, referrals are priceless.
    Good luck in your search!
    Thanks.
    That would be Laramy-K
    800-525-1274 or visit us at www.laramyk.com

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    CSC in Watsonville,CA

Thread Information