Thread: This is big.

Occupation
    Optometrist

This is big.

EssilorLuxottica announces launch of Anti-viral Blue Light Coating

Charenton-le-Pont, France (1 April 2022 - 7:00 am) – EssilorLuxottica announces the launch of a new technology reflecting the Group’s confidence in its value creation and long-term prospects.

With a view to improve world health, EssilorLuxottica has developed a new technology capable of combating the SARS-2019 Coronavirus and its mutant variants. Crizal Prevencia Antiviral has the novel ability to reflect Harmful Blue Light (HBL) at the resonant frequency of the virus's spike glycoprotein causing a denaturization of the cell membrane, while still reducing exposure to Harmful Blue Light but still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through. Plus, they provide all the benefits of no-glare lenses.

EssilorLuxottica launches this new product in accordance to the 10th resolution approved by the World Health Organization declaration of 21 March 2022, during which the Company was granted the right to purchase its own shares during the 18 months that followed the new launch, for an amount representing up to 100% of its share capital and for a price per share not exceeding Euro 200,000, via an investment services provider for the purchase of up to 1,500,000 EssilorLuxottica shares, depending on market conditions, over a period starting from today, 1 April 2022, up until 31 April 2022.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The coating will be no more expensive than Prevencia?

Shouldn't we all wear this coating on a full face shield for maximum benefit?

Can anyone find a link to WHO's Resolution 10?

Or is it a way to pump their stock price with a buy back?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't get it... so it will kill the virus if it lands on your lenses... but it can still get in your nose and mouth? I don't see this on ordinary eyeglasses as a big selling issue. As Fester stated... face shields but on the average Joe's specs? Idk about this one.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    I don't get it... so it will kill the virus if it lands on your lenses... but it can still get in your nose and mouth? I don't see this on ordinary eyeglasses as a big selling issue. As Fester stated... face shields but on the average Joe's specs? Idk about this one.
    Another roll up the pants it's too late for the shoes product from Big E imo.

We need to start a list of celebrity influencers who will promote this "improved" AR.

Crizal Prevencia Antiviral has the novel ability to reflect Harmful Blue Light (HBL) at the resonant frequency of the virus's spike glycoprotein causing a denaturization of the cell membrane, while still reducing exposure to Harmful Blue Light but still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through. Plus, they provide all the benefits of no-glare lenses.
    Read Biochemistry:

de·na·ture

verb: denature; 3rd person present: denatures; past tense: denatured; past participle: denatured; gerund or present participle: denaturing

• take away or alter the natural qualities of.
      "this system denatures education"
      We need to start a list of celebrity social influencers who will promote this new and improved AR.
      • make (alcohol) unfit for drinking by the addition of toxic or foul-tasting substances.
      • Biochemistry
        destroy the characteristic properties of (a protein or other biological macromolecule) by heat, acidity, or other effects that disrupt its molecular conformation.

Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-01-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Maybe a little late, but there will be variants every year.
    Plus, masks are only so efficient in blocking virus shed...we know how glasses fog up from masks blowing the breath right up to the glasses.

Now, Prevencia Virus (or whatever) is going to kill those viruses that blow across lenses, I guess. Pretty cool.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree it's pretty cool. But is it really going to make that much of a difference? Yes...maybe a celebrity influencer will help.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    That's a good thought. Fauci!!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is incredible DRK. I actually got early access to these lenses from my insider connections, and I can tell that even the air I breath smells better, feels cleaner, virus free. It's really incredible.

I don't know how much of a celebrity I am Fester, but I will be giving this coating to all of my patients whether they think they want it or not. I'm plastering it all over my InstaTok-FaceTube pages. Get on board before it's too late and I steal all of your customers.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    April fools!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Not available here, yet. My lab hasn't heard of it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwill212 View Post
    This is incredible DRK. I actually got early access to these lenses from my insider connections, and I can tell that even the air I breath smells better, feels cleaner, virus free. It's really incredible.

I don't know how much of a celebrity I am Fester, but I will be giving this coating to all of my patients whether they think they want it or not. I'm plastering it all over my InstaTok-FaceTube pages. Get on board before it's too late and I steal all of your customers.
    (snort:)

I have a patient base that are some of the smartest minds in the world and they appreciate and tell others my honest opinion that AR's are fantastic- but marketing claims they will do more than they do should be taken with a grain of salt.*

I do get the wink and nod that's going on, however I long for the day when a .25 cyl change did not require new glasses and keeping a patient in a progressive design they are happy in doesn't mean they have to change because "New & Improved" Tide detergent is now making their whites whiter than ever.

I'm also an electric optician by nature. Any guesses as to what that is?

*"Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember so much."
    Yogi Berra

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    (snort:)

I'm also an electric optician by nature. Any guesses as to what that is?
    I like to think I'm pretty eclectic too.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Blue light protection AND protection from Covid???

Be still my heart!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    Not available here, yet. My lab hasn't heard of it.
    Sounds like you need a better lab Drk. I'll order them for you and send it to you for a minor markup, the friends and family discount. I would appreciate your reciprocity on any blue-rolls you can send my way though. I'm having a bit of trouble getting those right now.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like to think I'm pretty eclectic too.
    That's electric on purpose.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue roll.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	15046

Fixing the world's sight one blue roll at a time, and now with blue light protection AND Covid protection!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    That's electric on purpose.
    Sometimes it's just too easy fester.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Uncle Fester:
    I've always wanted to go to college.

Kwill212:
    Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too Fester.

My question as to what an electric optician is still stands.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-01-2022 at 01:12 PM. Reason: tweak...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    EssilorLuxottica announces launch of Anti-viral Blue Light Coating

Charenton-le-Pont, France (1 April 2022 - 7:00 am) – EssilorLuxottica announces the launch of a new technology reflecting the Group’s confidence in its value creation and long-term prospects.

With a view to improve world health, EssilorLuxottica has developed a new technology capable of combating the SARS-2019 Coronavirus and its mutant variants. Crizal Prevencia Antiviral has the novel ability to reflect Harmful Blue Light (HBL) at the resonant frequency of the virus's spike glycoprotein causing a denaturization of the cell membrane, while still reducing exposure to Harmful Blue Light but still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through. Plus, they provide all the benefits of no-glare lenses.

EssilorLuxottica launches this new product in accordance to the 10th resolution approved by the World Health Organization declaration of 21 March 2022, during which the Company was granted the right to purchase its own shares during the 18 months that followed the new launch, for an amount representing up to 100% of its share capital and for a price per share not exceeding Euro 200,000, via an investment services provider for the purchase of up to 1,500,000 EssilorLuxottica shares, depending on market conditions, over a period starting from today, 1 April 2022, up until 31 April 2022.

Well done, Dr.K

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Perfect for those patients who lick their lenses clean.
    Krystle

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I love my fellow Optiboarders. Have a great weekend!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    Well done, Dr.K
    He's making Chris Ryser proud!
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-02-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Thread Information