Thread: Optical software

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Optical software

What optical software do you use in your office? What are the pros and cons of it? Have you used Eyefinity?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use FlexSys / FlexOptical. It serves our needs as a smaller practice. There is the capability of sending lab orders electronically through the app but my employer has decided not to use that feature, so I cannot speak to how well that works, but it sure would be nice to not have to call in every job to our outside lab. It allows you to print barcode tags for your frames and any accessories you sell. Comes in handy for taking inventory because you can just scan the tags as you go through your frame boards.

I am wary of Eyefinity seeing that it's a VSP product and VSP can't even get their own website to function properly so I wouldn't trust their software either.
    Krystle

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All software has pros and cons. Eyefinity has a few decent ones. Acuity Logic is great for multi-practice offices, Officemate is great for more hands on back of the house inventory. Easier control for product building. Move away from them, there's Compulink, which has very intuitive menus. But the receipt system and product building is.....less than desirable. Currently using Acuitas, and it has its moments but I'd rather have Officemate

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystleClear View Post
    We use FlexSys / FlexOptical. It serves our needs as a smaller practice. There is the capability of sending lab orders electronically through the app but my employer has decided not to use that feature, so I cannot speak to how well that works, but it sure would be nice to not have to call in every job to our outside lab. It allows you to print barcode tags for your frames and any accessories you sell. Comes in handy for taking inventory because you can just scan the tags as you go through your frame boards.

I am wary of Eyefinity seeing that it's a VSP product and VSP can't even get their own website to function properly so I wouldn't trust their software either.
    The order option through Flexsys works great, as long as the person understands the orders they are inputting. I have had no issues with it here.
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    What optical software do you use in your office? What are the pros and cons of it? Have you used Eyefinity?
    I would give Flexsys a look, PM me and I can give you a contact person if you like.
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I forgot to say that FlexSys makes taking physical inventory a breeze. Just go through and scan the barcodes. Then you can print a list of everything that didn't get scanned, or things you scanned that weren't supposed to be in stock. We can do physical inventory in just a couple hours.
    Krystle

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystleClear View Post
    I forgot to say that FlexSys makes taking physical inventory a breeze. Just go through and scan the barcodes. Then you can print a list of everything that didn't get scanned, or things you scanned that weren't supposed to be in stock. We can do physical inventory in just a couple hours.

100% true
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Thread Information