I have a lot of younger customers and naturally see a lot of glasses bought online.
I like to check for the power and focal points on those glasses before I go through with my sales as part of my routine,
and more than half of the times, the focal points are on the weirdest places.
These are all just simple single vision lenses.
I understand that customer's comfort in vision would be the last thing in mind when they make these glasses but...
The PD is always at least 68 or wider (this I would understand to make the lens look thin and even as possible)
and the focal points sit very low on the glasses (this part is the one that I don't understand no matter what perspective I look at it).
If they were going to "average" the focal points, I would assume to put them about 2/3 up on the frames.
Especially because the modern trending eyeglass frames are so oversized, I see no reason why they would sit about 3/4 down on the frames.
I don't think I would make the focal points sit that low even if I was to make reading glasses.
Yet, when I ask the customer if this was ok and if they have any trouble with the glasses, majority of them said it was ok.
They don't realize until wearing a new set of eyeglasses that were actually measured and fitted for their face, they see clear and are surprised.
And some of these glasses had high prescription so I couldn't imagine what effect these customers were experiencing wearing online glasses.

Have you ever checked the online glasses with your lensmeter and found funky details?
Some of them really puts so many question marks in my head.