-4.50 Sph
-4.50 -0.50 X005
+2.25 Add

fit with 1.67 Trans Xtra Active PAL lens: Ideal ADV IV Fit

the glasses came back from the lab with a compensated RX of:

-4.27 +0.72 X146
-3.84 -0.64 X142
+2.17 Add

based on digital measurements taken, the lab optimized the RX by using the panto and pano angles, and vertex distance. The eyeglasses definitely read what the optimized RX is but the optimized RX is just so different from the prescribed RX it’s just hard to believe that this RX would pass final inspection. It almost feels like a sneaky way of passing an RX at the lab that didn’t quite come out on power but that also feels like a reach. Optimized Lenses and Compensated RX’s are still a bit of a grey area for me as I work in a heavily retail based environment and less optical. Does this amount of variance between actual prescribed RX and the optimized lenses seem right, to those that work with digital lenses and optimized lenses on a regular basis? Not all of our lenses are HD/Digitally Surfaced so not all of our jobs come in with a compensated RX supplemental form to cross reference against the prescribed RX. My colleagues have failed this job twice now so I figured I’d reach out to my fellow opticians for some guidance on the matter, TIA!