X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol

Comment

All foam and no beer.

They haven't made a profit since day one.

That's how disrupters and pirates work- ruining lives and careers, selling off the bits to their pirate buddies, hiding behind a fake altruistic 'social mission'.

Not fooled,

Robert Martellaro
      Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

AMEN to that, brother.

Comment

Comment

DOUBLE BURN!

I don't even care who wins that battle, I hope they both lose lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NAICITPO View Post
              https://invisionmag.com/warby-parker...ement-alleged/

DOUBLE BURN!

I don't even care who wins that battle, I hope they both lose lol.
              Huh. It turns out the enemy of my enemy is... also my enemy.
              I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Going public = Looking to sell

Comment

I’m a little dumb. How do you you have $300 revenue and lose money?

Comment

Not hard when venture capital money buys this:

"This new unit, a very serviceable two-bedroom, two-bath with parquet floors, big South-facing windows, a sunroom and a tiny kitchen (who cares when you’re planning a combo? Besides, as the Blumenthals once confessed, “we specialize in eating out and delivery”) was listed for $2.6 million with Halstead’s Laurie Silverman. But it appears that the Blumenthals were very keen on picking it up from neighbor Mitsuko Furukawa, given that they paid $2.8 million, a sizeable chunk over ask. (You could buy 2,105 pairs of Warby Parker glasses with the $200,000 overage!).

Incidentally, when the couple first bought in the building, they also paid $200,000 more than ask, bringing their total investment to $6.3 million (and we’d guess, will be spending quite a bit more with the renovation costs of combining two units). But in the end, they’ll be able to enjoy a five-bedroom spread, the likes of which are somewhat rare in the quaint co-op world of the Village."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaketull View Post
                      I’m a little dumb. How do you you have $300 revenue and lose money?
                      Revenue\Gross Sales = Money coming in.

Operating Costs\Expenses = Money going out

Income\Net Income = Revenue - Expenses

If Revenue > Expenses then that = + Income, with + Income = Profit

If Revenue < Expenses then that = - Income, with - Income = Loss

That's the essentials of it.

So, one can have a billion dollars in Revenue, but if Expenses are 1.2 billion, then that leads to an Income of -200 million, so that would be a Loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X