Thread: Lindberg - Bought Out By Kering! Thoughts?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Crier Lindberg - Bought Out By Kering! Thoughts?

SO, I've wanted Lindberg for years (because I passionately despise Silhouette to a degree that goes beyond the archaic method of speech), we just moved into a *beautimous* new locale, made our picks, got a phonecall the same day that

BAM

Lindberg was bought out, just like that.

I'm told that nothing is going to change, Lindberg will still do all of their own stuff.

What do you guys think? What is your experience with Lindberg?
    Last edited by MissMolly; 08-16-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I don't know anything about Lindberg, but we are very happy with Kering.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMolly View Post
    SO, I've wanted Lindberg for years (because I passionately despise Silhouette to a degree that goes beyond the archaic method of speech), we just moved into a *beautimous* new locale, made our picks, got a phonecall the same day that

BAM

I'm told that nothing is going to change, Lindberg will still do all of their own stuff.

First: my co-manager was the one to inform our Lindberg rep about the Kering purchase. The rep was not aware at all that the merger was happening.

The office I currently work at offers Lindberg and overall it is a nice product. I have not had much experience working directly with Kering, so I am unable to offer pros or cons with the company.
    The closest "bad" thing I could offer up about Kering is that they have their Gucci line available through Essilor's Frame Dream. And I highly doubt Kering will offer any of Lindberg to be available to that program.

Lindberg product (coming from my recent experience):
    Explain office policy and Lindberg policy upfront if you follow Lindberg's no return, everything is customized rules to the T. I have had arguments with patients that felt that they could still change their minds, and frames, after being told that is how our office handles Lindberg frames.

Find a format to print up for staff to write out all the pieces of info: frame size or shape # and size (for drill mounts), bridge style and width, temple style and length, drill mount lengths, insert colors, and frame colors. And definitely get the sample book with the physical pieces of materials with the colors so patients can see how they look in real life and the difference between the matte and polish.

Possibly make one or two people the "keyholders" to entering the frame in to your systems inventory. Depending on your program, the reasons above are why inventory could look messy when trying to account for all the pieces. Our office uses RevolutionEHR and does not easily allow for all the possible parts to be entered.

I am personally not a fan of the UV mounting glue for their drill and prefer Silhouette's bushing mounting.

Nosepads can be a pain to adjust since the arms are thin.

And I personally would rather work with Silhouette drill mounts over Lindberg, but I don't mind Lindberg's metal and zyl frames.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    This is all great feedback, thank you for sharing your experience with me!

Quote Originally Posted by DurhamEye View Post
    First: my co-manager was the one to inform our Lindberg rep about the Kering purchase. The rep was not aware at all that the merger was happening.

The office I currently work at offers Lindberg and overall it is a nice product. I have not had much experience working directly with Kering, so I am unable to offer pros or cons with the company.
    The closest "bad" thing I could offer up about Kering is that they have their Gucci line available through Essilor's Frame Dream. And I highly doubt Kering will offer any of Lindberg to be available to that program.

Lindberg product (coming from my recent experience):
    Explain office policy and Lindberg policy upfront if you follow Lindberg's no return, everything is customized rules to the T. I have had arguments with patients that felt that they could still change their minds, and frames, after being told that is how our office handles Lindberg frames.

Find a format to print up for staff to write out all the pieces of info: frame size or shape # and size (for drill mounts), bridge style and width, temple style and length, drill mount lengths, insert colors, and frame colors. And definitely get the sample book with the physical pieces of materials with the colors so patients can see how they look in real life and the difference between the matte and polish.

Possibly make one or two people the "keyholders" to entering the frame in to your systems inventory. Depending on your program, the reasons above are why inventory could look messy when trying to account for all the pieces. Our office uses RevolutionEHR and does not easily allow for all the possible parts to be entered.

I am personally not a fan of the UV mounting glue for their drill and prefer Silhouette's bushing mounting.

Nosepads can be a pain to adjust since the arms are thin.

And I personally would rather work with Silhouette drill mounts over Lindberg, but I don't mind Lindberg's metal and zyl frames.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMolly View Post

BAM

so funny. I too am not a fan of silhouette. They break all the time and adjustments are an art form.

Thread Information