As an optician/ tech of an independent optical, I am not very educated on rare eye diseases, and therefore the BEST options for patients dealing with their limitations. I'd like to reach out to you guys- doctors and anyone familiar with macular telangiectasia or Mac Tel to see if there is anything in particular I should be adjusting for.

Patient is new to my office (Maine) her doctor is in Florida (not unusual) and she is part of a special study and has had experimental surgery to help treat Mac Tel. From what I can tell, it is a similar condition to macular degeneration, where she has limited vision and experiences 'swim' in her natural vision (not due to progressive design.)

She is wearing ooooold glasses because she last went to Walmart and they made her the wrong Rx and she never went back to have it fixed. Her old pair is approximately 5 years old and I am looking to WOW her.

Rx:
+2.75 +0.50 030
+2.25 +1.25 180
ADD +3.00

PD 31.0 / 31.5
Seg 18.0

I'm putting her in an Auto III in Trivex (drill frame) with Transitions and AR, which she currently doesn't have. What are you guy's thoughts? I'm thinking she is about to go from old tech in poly with no AR and therefore she should see a world of difference. Is there anything I'm missing for this type of condition that may factor in?

Much appreciated in advance!