Transitions Xtractive Polarised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions Xtractive Polarised

Have you guys seen the new press releases around this product? I'm told it isn't transitions vantage, yet it sounds the same in every way, even down to the less than ideal 90% max polarisation.

Thoughts?

I just talked to someone in my lab about this on Friday. She said it should be way better than vantage. Better polarization and better color when inside. Vantage was that yellowish color and this should be more like a normal xtra active. Anxious to see what this is really like.

Comment

I didn't find vantage too bad? I didn't notice any yellowing and the max polarisation is the same on both products.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_S View Post
        I didn't find vantage too bad? I didn't notice any yellowing and the max polarisation is the same on both products.
        I think the transitions vantage have only one problem: it is a slow photochromic vs transitions classic or xtractive.

I never try the nupolar infinity grey but I think is a better product (but it is never 100% clear)

I hope in this new product if this will be clear or start from max 10-20% dark
        Last edited by dima; 03-01-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

It does, even gets to about 45% in the car, enough for the polarization to work. It gets very dark outside!

Comment

Comment

I wonder if it will come in high index. Vantage had a release date for 1.67 announced, then it was pushed back, then it was pushed back some more, then canceled.
              I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

I had the vantage in a pair of motorcycle sunnies...it was convenient. I am always hesitant when they say "fully clear"...
                "One should either be a work of art or wear a work of art" - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Cat-Eyes View Post
                  I had the vantage in a pair of motorcycle sunnies...it was convenient. I am always hesitant when they say "fully clear"...
                  +1

You have to read the fine print on what they mean by "fully clear". There is usually a materiel, temperature, and residual tint level listed somewhere, and it's never what any reasonable person would call "fully clear".

Comment

Methinks Fully clear applies as closely as “accurate measurements.”

B

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_S View Post
                      Hmmm...my sample definitely looks a little yellowish to me compared to a more gray xtra active. Maybe my sample is just junk. Idk.
                      Last edited by mervinek; 03-03-2021, 06:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Santini View Post
                        Methinks Fully clear applies as closely as “accurate measurements.”

B
                        +1
                        I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                          I wonder if it will come in high index. Vantage had a release date for 1.67 announced, then it was pushed back, then it was pushed back some more, then canceled.
                          That would be an important and useful difference for sure.

Comment

Hopefully they don't incorporate the technology into the Transitions contact lenses. It's hard enough for me to keep up with the demand as it is!

Comment

Does this imply that you'd get the anti reflective properties of a polarized lens, even when its clear?
                              I never dispensed or talked to anybody about the Vantage. I was under the impression it was just a differently branded photo lens.

Comment

Working...
                              X