Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High minus flat lens causing temple splay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
    Yes, I understand all of this. Drk is asking for directions to the grocery store and is being given directions to the Porsche dealer to get the to grocery store in record time. I obviously didn't say I could do anything on a hand stone that an MEI edger can do, that would be ridiculous. But in the case presented, anyone with sufficient time on a hand stone can.
    MEI isn’t for small dispensaries. ROI would require 80+ jobs per day over 5 years.

7EX, Briot or a Lexce is. My point? Enable the Z on your tracer, understand your edger capabilities, and know your frames. No need to massage the lens after the fact, if you can set your edger to do it. If you have a 6e, 7e, or 7EX, do yourself a favor and get a 5 degree arbor, or even a multi cutter arbor.

The Lexce has multiple settings, including mini bevel and custom bevel. This is my choice for a wet edger. Great for AR, drills, custom jobs, at an affordable price point.

Briot/Weco, depending on the model, have multiple bevel options, as well.
    I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by lensmanmd View Post
      MEI can be programmed to varying angled bevels, step bevels, inclined bevels, or a combination of the above. Hilco C2s are T-bevels with a step back. WileyX are V bevels with a step back. Some suns are Ts of varying widths, some with step backs, some without.

Enable Z data on your tracers, and even the 7EX becomes better. Your Santinelli, Weco/Briot, mr Blue, etc become smarter. But their abilities are still reliant upon the operator.
      I agree 100% with you Lensmanmd but often it depends also from....time...

By hand or with better equipment we use our time and skills....we can't sell a service for this special frame for 1 dollar.... and not all the opticial understand it. .this is not a cr39 lens in a standard flat rayban.. frame...

Also some wayfare style have a lot of panto tilt so are pretty undesiderable for opthalmic...even if you can cut the lens perfectly.
      Last edited by dima; 02-11-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drk View Post
        I know this is a bit far afield, but why oh why can't some frame manufacturer make a line of sunframes that are designed with Rx lenses in mind.

The collection needn't be humongous.
        they do not care! they have art and style in mind...and I can understand it.. they want sell that frame... rx was an optician problem.

Comment

Probably very true.

Comment

Working...
          X