Crizal Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crizal Rock

So I was updating our insurance binders with all the formulary tiers, and I saw Crizal Rock listed under Eyemed. Has that actually rolled out yet? I haven't heard anything from our Essilor rep or our lab about it. May be nice to have an AR I actually feel comfortable giving to construction workers

"May be nice to have an AR I actually feel comfortable giving to construction workers"

There's always EX3

Comment

Not a Hoya office/lab, so that one is unavailable to me, unfortunately :\

Comment

Crizal Rock is currently available only for the New Essilor RayBan Rx lens, which Eyemed can provide now.

Crizal Rock will be ready for all other retail exactly 3 months from now.
        Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

Bayer hardness numbers?

For the newbies an interesting read:

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            Bayer hardness numbers?

For the newbies an interesting read:

https://www.optiboard.com/forums/sho...=hardness+test
            +1

today hi-end AR are all good (hight bayer hardness, and high smooth) I wonder if this new Ar is really a "rock" .

Also... we all know....hardness (coating+lens) on cr39 is different from poly or 1.74

Comment

White paper for Crizal Rock

Comment

Thanks for the link NAICITPO!

Now what the doubting Thomas' of Optiboard need to do is make a few pair of glasses with one lens Avance and the other Rock.

There's a real life test result I'd be interested in (assuming the coating cost is more)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAICITPO View Post

White paper for Crizal Rock
                  Scissors for paper for rock.

I WIN!!

Comment

Anyone here actually running a chamber, and can give us some actual idea of real-world differences between Avancé and the new Dwayne Johnson variant in terms of cleanability or scratch resistance of the new stack? The marketing dept is falling all over themselves to push the tired "latest and greatest", "best ever made" silliness as per usual with every other product tweak since the dawn of time. Just wondering if there's really any appreciable difference noticed on the user end, or if it's just an extra few bucks poorer on every private pay invoice we see? Cheers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	870101

Just got this insurance info from our Essilor rep.

As well as the basics of the stacks:

I have not ordered any of these lenses in yet, we don't tend to do a lot of Avance orders in my store so I don't think this will be a go to for us. I do have some construction workers and safety glass wearers I am going to try this and get their feedback about it. But that will take several months.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the same marketing department fluff. Look forward to hearing from anyone on the lab side, and/or running the chambers, for their take on the different stack.

Comment

The rep said they basically doubled the scratch protection by adding 4 layers instead of two (like on the avance). So I asked why not 6 layers or 8 layers, and they didn't have a very good answer to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
                            the new Dwayne Johnson variant!
                            Nicely done. This could make for some really fun marketing.
                            Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Manufacturers are always going to produce new products sometimes better sometimes not. The marketing department will always spin it to get new customers. IMO the only thing the customer wants in an AR coating is that it won’t crack it won’t peel it won’t craze and it is easy to clean. There is no coating or lens that won’t scratch so don’t make that a selling point it will haunt you at some point. Most coatings today easily meet those requirements and they do not scratch under normal use.

Comment

Working...
                              X