Thread: Any experience with the Coburn HPE-910 or NO/DAC QM-X3?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Any experience with the Coburn HPE-910 or NO/DAC QM-X3?

We're motivated to replace our Briot Alta Pro with another edger before parts become hard to find. We want something fast, drills, has minimal retouching, and so easy a caveman could do it. We're probably 90%+ polycarb, so we're hard on our wheels and bits. Anyone have experience with the Coburn HPE-910 or National Optronics QM-X3?

Thanks!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Hi, I think you have to ask yourself... "I want the same thing like Alta Pro or I want improve????" hpe is a very good machine, qmmx3 is a different technology, drycut.

If you want improve speed and drill you can also go to a Mei ezfit (there is a version with no block needed also)

I think the Hpe was more easy/less training needed than qmx3 and mei ezfit because is a traditional edger

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by dima View Post
    Hi, I think you have to ask yourself... "I want the same thing like Alta Pro or I want improve????" hpe is a very good machine, qmmx3 is a different technology, drycut.

If you want improve speed and drill you can also go to a Mei ezfit (there is a version with no block needed also)

I think the Hpe was more easy/less training needed than qmx3 and mei ezfit because is a traditional edger

Thank you, dima! I appreciate those insights. We looked at an EZFit and they're double the Coburn/Huvitz or even the upgrade Briot Attitude 2. I suspect the qmx3 is just below the EZFit in cost. Thankful to have a flexible space for wet or dry systems.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by allanon View Post
    Thank you, dima! I appreciate those insights. We looked at an EZFit and they're double the Coburn/Huvitz or even the upgrade Briot Attitude 2. I suspect the qmx3 is just below the EZFit in cost. Thankful to have a flexible space for wet or dry systems.
    your welcome, I think drycut is the future.

I remember now that if you are looking for drycut you can ask to santinelli for xtimer se1 or optotek for its dry edger (but I do not know anything about those machine nor quality or price in comparison of qmx3)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by allanon View Post
    The EZFit will recoup the investment in no time, esp the NBL version. Much more robust and cleaner finish than the Q. We use both, and each have its merits and downsides.
    I bend light. That is what I do.

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I can tell you first hand to stray away from the QMX3...This is a problematic machine, the "hood" is up most of the time, slow, and expensive to keep running!
    Glenn

Thread Information