Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Lesson Please

Hello from BC
    An associate and I were talking occupational bifocals and I seem to recall reading about a PAL that had the progression vertically? Essilor Overview?? Was that the name? Tried an online search and no info..
    Then got to thinking I also recall there was a ST with the seg being progressive ..am I hallucinating..

Thanks
    Steve

There was a progressive that had sort of a reversed ultex segment at the top. Could have been the Overview. Never dispensed one. I believe the ST28 that you're referring to was the Smartseg.

Another oddball was the trifocal with an Executive intermediate and a ST28 reader (ED). It struck me as a solution looking for a problem. I was never a fan of Executive bi or trifocals and aggressively urged pt's to try ST35's or 835's. Only had one failure and I think he had other issues.
    Last edited by waynegilpin; 11-21-2020, 03:16 PM. Reason: Additions

Comment

The progressive with an ultex seg on the top was originally. Called the pilot as it was intended to allow the pilot to see the gauges above his head The add on the top was 3/4 of the bottom add. The design was a Varilux 2. Long since discontinued.
      You can create a similar product easily by using a ft blank and putting a free form design on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lensman11 View Post
        The progressive with an ultex seg on the top was originally. Called the pilot as it was intended to allow the pilot to see the gauges above his head The add on the top was 3/4 of the bottom add. The design was a Varilux 2. Long since discontinued.
        You can create a similar product easily by using a ft blank and putting a free form design on the back.
        It was definitely called the Overview, and it was made on the Varilux Plus(which I think is the same as the Varilux 2?) design.
        Last edited by Kwill212; 11-25-2020, 03:23 PM. Reason: varilux 2/varilux plus

Comment

Originally posted by gibby2020 View Post
          Hello from BC
          An associate and I were talking occupational bifocals and I seem to recall reading about a PAL that had the progression vertically? Essilor Overview?? Was that the name? Tried an online search and no info..
          Then got to thinking I also recall there was a ST with the seg being progressive ..am I hallucinating..

Thanks
          Steve
          The hallucination was called the "Smart Seg"......not the BC mushrooms!
          Eyes wide open

Comment

Here is the layout chart for anyone interested in the nostalgia.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-compress-image(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	870078

Comment

Originally posted by uncut View Post
              The hallucination was called the "Smart Seg"......not the BC mushrooms!

Sola Smart Seg

Comment

I'm so gonna do this!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor-4.gif
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	870081
                www.DanielLivingston.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
                  Here is the layout chart for anyone interested in the nostalgia.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14803[/ATTACH]
                  this is really interesting! Thank you for sharing
                  new here

Comment

Thanks folks...I havent been on here in a long time and forgot I asked this question.

Steve

Comment

Very interesting!

Comment

You can create a similar product easily by using aft blank and putting a free form design on the back.
                        To anyone who might need this- this option is still available as a Double D (top and bottom flat-top.) You can get them through Younger in variable powers whereas I believe other manufacturers only have the same power top and bottom. Great option for electricians and the like.
                        Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Working...
                        X