Thread: "Calling on behalf of my client...."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

"Calling on behalf of my client...."

I've fielded manybe one or two of these calls in years past - though this year there has been loads more all at once. Calling from "EyeMed Insight", and always in a very thick foreign accent. This afternoon's was Russian/Ukranian. They ask all sorts of questions about the clinic: hours, doctor's names, are we accepting new pts, and when are the very next available appts...etc. Very strange. They never give a pt name, and NEVER actually schedule an appointment. And what's with the accents?

Are pts somehow so inept as to not be able schedule their own appointments anymore? Seriously though, WTH is this silliness??

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Seeing as 2016's tactic didn't work, this must be their newest plot to get their favoured prezzy elected!

/sarcasm/

In the EU it's actually common for third parties to try and get information on behalf of their client. On anything that's not public information GDPR will kick in.
    Don't underestimate some patients ineptitude. Luckily it's just a minority. What response do you supply them with?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Heh. We tell them whatever they ask - as it's all information easily found via a Google search and/or our website. I just wonder when pt's became so incapable of so much as scheduling their own appointments, or even so much as taking half a second to find info about a provider themselves? And who in the world has EyeMed (ostensibly) hired to make these ridiculous calls for them?

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Luddites of the worls unite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Heh. We tell them whatever they ask - as it's all information easily found via a Google search and/or our website. I just wonder when pt's became so incapable of so much as scheduling their own appointments, or even so much as taking half a second to find info about a provider themselves? And who in the world has EyeMed (ostensibly) hired to make these ridiculous calls for them?
    Never underestimate our ability to screw up something requiring basic reading and/or computer comprehension skills.

If you can keep a secret- I've been known to help the NSA when they give me a foreign countries web address and ask me to "explore" it- Usually the damage I do can can be repaired in a week or two.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have any of my fellow Optical guru's stateside gotten the same calls?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Haven't had one of these yet. Only thing similar I have had is one or two "bigshots" who do everything through their assitants (including payment - they just leave after an appointment and the assistant calls)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    Haven't had one of these yet. Only thing similar I have had is one or two "bigshots" who do everything through their assistants (including payment - they just leave after an appointment and the assistant calls)
    That's sort of what this feels like - though decidedly more corporate call center-ish, and of course very foreign (accents). What sort of "service" could EyeMed or any of the managed care cheapskates possibly offer like this to their clients? Just really weird.

Thread Information