Thread: VSP at it again

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

VSP at it again

They have a rebate for when a patient purchases an altair frame and VSP lenses. They are sending it out to all patients who bought an Altair frame regardless of if they purchased VSP lenses. "No one offers more choice than VSP" hmmm.... So we either don't sell Marchon frames, if we do we are basically going to have to put them in a lens product that we like less. Otherwise we have mad patients who don't understand why we don't want to save them money. Perfect!

https://www.vsp.com/offers/bonus-off...he-Rush-Rebate

Well played VSP, but why do we get caught in the middle? You say you are for choice, and on the side of ECPs and then you do things like this... If they just had the rebate on the website and didn't send it out to the patient knowing the patient didn't get VSP lenses that would be fine. But wow VSP, way to go.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our doctor decided to terminate the VSP provider status in 2015. Happy five years and counting, never miss a thing without VSP :-)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    They are for choice... any choice that makes or saves them more money.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They have sent those out before. Most VSP members know nothing about there insurance. I think I've seen 2 or 3 of those in almost five years. The one patient I remember who brought it in, I informed them there weren't eligible. I just told them that the progressive lens that got didn't meet the requirements and we did that becuase we choose the best lens for each patient. I think we put that person in a Zeiss individual 2 or something like that.

Thread Information