Thread: Is Hoya Safety or safevision or whatever OUT OF BUSINESS?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is Hoya Safety or safevision or whatever OUT OF BUSINESS?

Been trying to get a hold of them on a couple of jobs they've messed up for a week now. Constantly on hold (more than 2 hours in some cases), repeatedly tried getting a call-back, and nothing. Emailed them multiple times requesting contact, and nothing. Several times when I've called, I've gotten a recording saying "I've reached them after hours'. Mind you this was on a weekday, like 11 am, or 1 or 2 pm. Definitely NOT after hours. Even tried contacting our "state rep" and the cell number we had for them no longer works either.

As much as I'd dearly just like to see them wiped off the face of the planet with an alien ray from space or something - at least they could inform their clients that they were closed?? Any guesses? We have run out of options to reach them here. Thanks.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you referring to the Hoya Safety lab in Minnesota? If so, I have the email address of a customer service rep from that location that works. I too have difficulties getting a hold of them by phone, but we just had a job done by them within the past couple of weeks so I assume they're still open.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have had the same problem with super long hold times. Ya technically they are HOYA Safety anymore. They officially change their name to Safevision. We finally got a hold of the one lady who receives calls. she said that they have no staff working anymore because of "blah blah blah, Covid-19, blah blah blah" They are absolutely the worst. I'm trying to convince our doctors to get away from them because they are so horrible. It's taken us almost 3 months for them to do a -1.50 OU. Just terrible. We use a HOYA lab and they have been wonderful for our normal stuff, but the safety lab is totally different. Just a terrible part of the company. They should just try to sell it to Essilor and maybe make a little money off the lab.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They seem to refuse to even answer emails anymore as well. We've tried that 4 times this week now with zero response.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Put a request on Craigslist for anyone local to their address to go there and bang on the door until someone answers. $50 to whoever gets them to call you. I'm often impressed with what people will do for $50 (and I'm talking about strictly legal things)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    HA! Well, it took three calls to corporate, but I was FINALLY able to get them to call me back at least. They handled things, though a bit begrudgingly. Still no explanation or answer at all as to why they just don't answer phones, or respond to email anymore. Weird. Hoping this adds to the "Can we just dump the dumb safety program already?!" file.

Thread Information