Thread: I be's bad as anybody, worse than most.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I be's bad as anybody, worse than most.

Anyone noticed not only has Optiboard had a lot of postings on politics and slamming each other, as well as the other O's. And there have been less and less technical postings and helpful hints?

Not only is what we have been doing mostly "spitting in the wind" we seem to be neglecting things that can really help us, like discussions of cable conversions, types of ears, fixing and adjusting frames, etc.

In my early career I noticed that in most technical jobs (even found a sci-fi classic that said: "the discussion that has gone on with all technicians since the end of time") the tech seems to have an attitude that slamming a compeditor/rival some how makes him look better at his job.

Chip

What do we need to do to get back on track?

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie

Chip,

I think you just started us back on track with this thread. Now, go and post some threads about cable conversions, types of ears, fixing and adjusting frames, etc.

I don't think you are the only one who misses these types of discussions but now it is up to you folks to start them back up.

Thanks Chip!

:D

It is not just the spit......

Chip,
    After reading all the heated exchanges in the ‘hot’ threads from all the great minds (seriously, and with utmost respect) in the field, I certainly share your feeling about the ‘spitting in the wind’ part, even though I didn’t have any spit on my own face (not being any of the O’s). From a bystander’s point of view, I feel that they also spitted out a lot of eye opening truths about the industry that are unheard of to me in my whole life. I also agree with you completely that ‘there have been less and less technical postings and helpful hints’. This is not a healthy trend for the forum.

You also said,
    What do we need to do to get back on track?
    I thought that many open-ended questions for the O’s in my post regarding my CL fitting story in the thread “I hate corporate optical” recently would draw some interesting feedback from the O’s. Any of the O’s from private or chains can start ‘to get back on track’ by answering my questions, just a suggestion. An average consumer can be very confused about the reputation of the OD's in private practice or in a chain store. I believe that my CL fitting story is a good case for discussion in that respect. A lot of consumers (or practitioners) will certainly benefit from your insightful professional opinions to those questions.

For example,
    If the CL does not fit, will (or when will) you quit?

Word to ponder:
    Troll, like beauty, just lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Thread Information