Thread: Myeyedoc

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Myeyedoc

Anyone had experience with this company??.....worked for?.bought out by?????

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    About 15 years ago it was a very family oriented company of about 25-30 locations and was fun and exciting to be a part of, over the next decade plus, after multiple expansions (600+ locations) and corporate investors (the most recent being Goldmann-Sachs), is now just another money grabbing corporation based on greed. Gone are the days of feeling cared about and not just being a number. Sad, really...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Worked for directly after they acquired a large local independent. I will say, as I saw the culture change (I left right before the Goldmann-Sachs buyout of their other investors), they are certainly better than Luxottica. They were very patient focused, and some doctors and staff still are. They definitely shifted more towards the numbers and have seen an exodus because of it. Now my experience with them is much closer to their two headquarters, and I've worked with a lot of good people in upper management there. So there are definitely still some good people there. Time will tell, but I honestly see them being sold off to Luxottica before it's over.

Thread Information