Thread: Marchon and VSP

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry Marchon and VSP

What are others doing to combat the new rules VSP is putting into place when ordering Essilor product

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by shellee View Post
    What are others doing to combat the new rules VSP is putting into place when ordering Essilor product

Not ordering Essilor. Unity products are just as good

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaughner View Post
    Not ordering Essilor. Unity products are just as good
    Are you also selling Marchon products

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm with CLaughner on this. I guess it depends on how much VSP you take. There are alot of different takes, but our office patients are 80% VSP. To me it's a simple math equation. Essilor means significant less money for minimal difference for most people. Unity Via Elite is actually a very good lens and you just happen to make significantly more. Remember it's AR, progressive and digital SV antifatigue (change to photochromatics happened in April, side note Sensity Fast will be out next month according to my little bird friend). I personally don't think essilor is worth the premium price, but there are many that do. To everyone their own I guess.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Other than the cost reasons, yes Essilor is expensive for their materials, the main reason our office isn't switching to using VSP products (or their approved products) right now is due to the poor customer service and turn around time we have experienced in the past.
    Right now, even with Covid, our primary lab is about 7-10 day turn around time. Our VSP lab is currently 14-21 day turn around time, at best.
    Spoke with our Essilor rep last week and they stated that we should have more info on either what is moving forward with VSP negotiations, or what we need to look at doing when Sept 1st hits.
    Short term, I will do what is best for the office and the patient.
    Long term, I don't want to swap out products, and go back and forth on what has been working for a patient, just because VSP and Essilor decided to pick a fight with each other.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, All VSP products. We make very good money if you play their game. The lab in Tampa is usually the best(virus) Remakes at no charge no matter the reason. We do a lot of VSP.

OptiBoard Professional Mauro.Airoldi's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I have been working for a medium Italian lens manufacturer for many years, what amazes me is the excessive waiting time for a pair of RX lenses. In the case of RX + HC + AR + tele-shaping products, in 80% of cases the work was completed in less than 2 days, in the case of RX + HC + Color + AR + tele-shaping we take 3 days. We have delays in the case of non-compliance of the lens, but they are few cases and still require 1-2 extra days.
    The production times are the same for a mono-focal in CR39 or for a PAL top range in MR174 Transitions.
    2/3 weeks for a prescription lens is unacceptable in Italy.

Thread Information