Thread: Want try to pass my NCLE need help!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Crier Want try to pass my NCLE need help!

Hello guys. i just got my ABO few month ago. i'm going to take NCLE on this November.
    now i only have the study book from NAO
    I really need recommendation for any study material!!!!!
    please help me!!!!
    thank you so much!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    HI Stella, I took and passed my NCLE yesterday. All I used was the NAO study guide/CD set and Quizlet.com has some good stuff

Occupation
    Optometrist
    If you get stuck on any tough questions, post them for us to decipher!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    thank you for reply and congratulations! i will go get the CD set and for Quizlet any key word recommend?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by ew0422 View Post
    HI Stella, I took and passed my NCLE yesterday. All I used was the NAO study guide/CD set and Quizlet.com has some good stuff
    thank you for reply and congratulations! i will go get the CD set and for Quizlet any keyword recommend?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    If you get stuck on any tough questions, post them for us to decipher!
    Hello Drk, thank you for reply. i will go find some question that i'm kind of not understand. will posts the question after i get off the work!
    thank you!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    hey there, im new here, i just recently passed both ABO and NCLE, I am scheduling to take the state board of florida practicals ABO and NCLE, i HAD MANY RESOURCES when I prepared for abo/ncle, however, for the practicals, I have only used the online simulator, (which was very helpful), and I downloaded the handbook that explains just the topics the test covers, but if anyone who has recently (in the past year) passed the practicals, can I get any feedback? if i do well with the simulator, is that good enough? thank you in advance I have heard nightmare stories about the simulator part, but I think they fixed that... I am not using Ncsorb

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Optigirl46 View Post
    hey there, im new here, i just recently passed both ABO and NCLE, I am scheduling to take the state board of florida practicals ABO and NCLE, i HAD MANY RESOURCES when I prepared for abo/ncle, however, for the practicals, I have only used the online simulator, (which was very helpful), and I downloaded the handbook that explains just the topics the test covers, but if anyone who has recently (in the past year) passed the practicals, can I get any feedback? if i do well with the simulator, is that good enough? thank you in advance I have heard nightmare stories about the simulator part, but I think they fixed that... I am not using Ncsorb
    Hi! thank you for reply! i'm also new here lol. i have passed my ABO practical few month ago too! the online simulator is very helpful, i also prefer practice tools and checking the lensmeater part.
    and any resources that prefer for NCLE?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi stella, so when you took the abo practical, was there only simulator questions, and are the questions extremely simliar to the actual practice simulator ? or are there additional questions? i think thee is only 25 questions?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi stella, so when you took the abo practical, was there only simulator questions, and are the questions extremely simliar to the actual practice simulator ? or are there additional questions? i think thee is only 25 questions?
    yes the question is extremely similar to the online simulator. and also there's some question about plier and question about how many base and base direction(prism) on lensmeter

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    oh thank you so much for the imput, it hard to find a recent test taker, if you can think of anything more i should study, please share... if there was anything that really caught you by suprise, im going to re look at the different pliers now

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    oh thank you so much for the imput, it hard to find a recent test taker, if you can think of anything more i should study, please share... if there was anything that really caught you by suprise, im going to re look at the different pliers now
    you're welcome! and the exam time is 60 min so i prefer you speed up on math problem and taking prescription on glasses problem.
    and did you have any resource that recommend for NCLE? i'm trying to take it on November

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I live in florida, we apparently do things very different, we have to get our ABO and NCLE test done b4 they let you take practicals for the state, I did one year of college at HCC opticianry program, then, I was lucky bcuz my local group, named the profesional opticians of fl (POF), offered a review course (7classes), and then they also offered an online tutorial, that was the best source for me, you go at your own pace, it was called eyecare in a wink, if yo ever want to chat about it, you can call me direct at 407-227-7900

Thread Information