Thread: Hoya Enroute opinions?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hoya Enroute opinions?

We've been offering this for a few months now but I haven't been able to get much feedback from my customers. Does it make a big difference for night driving? Can it be bothersome during the day? I like the slight yellow reflection it has, in the same way blue filters have this blue/purple reflection (not a fan of that one).

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is news to me. I work with a Hoya lab here in the states and I've never even heard of Enroute before. Just looked through my most recent Hoya reference guide from earlier this year and I see no mention of it - is Enroute a lens design and/or coating meant for driving? Maybe it's only available only in Europe or it's brand-spanking new?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by grudyfan13 View Post
    This is news to me. I work with a Hoya lab here in the states and I've never even heard of Enroute before. Just looked through my most recent Hoya reference guide from earlier this year and I see no mention of it - is Enroute a lens design and/or coating meant for driving? Maybe it's only available only in Europe or it's brand-spanking new?
    My workplace has given us zero technical information about Enroute. I'm supposed to offer it to my customers as a glare filter for night driving. Judging from the information on Hoya's website it's just a glare filter on single vision lenses but it also affects the design of progressives.

Guess it's a Europe-only thing, just like the new Hoya Balansis progressive lens which I can't find any useful information about...

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'll be ordering the Enroute for my own next pair soon (single vision). I'll share my experience as soon as I've worn them for a couple weeks. I don't really need it for night driving but I like the yellow reflection, it complements my skin color (very pale) and the frame I've chosen.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Usually HOYA has the same product but have different names in different countries. HOYA Recharge is known as BlueControl in Belgium I think. EX3 is known as Hi-Vision longlife. I'm not sure exactly what the enroute is, but it probably just has a different name

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can't find any US equivalent when searching for Hoya night driving lenses. Looks like it's only available in Europe and Australia.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm curious now. These are marketed as night driving lenses, but would they also help people with cataracts in daytime since they reduce glare?

Thread Information