Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Zeiss is now in a very good position for a change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Australia the Energize Me progressive comes in 3 corridor lengths, 10, 12 or 14 (FFV 0, 2 or 4)

Comment

I think this is kinda neat (I'm still "crushing" on Zeiss for now):

There's a concept that I found on their website that I think is novel. One of their Office lenses is called "Room" (Book, Desk, Room) and it's the one I'm sampling (so successfully). They call it an "indoor progressive",

Hmm...indoor progressive. I like that concept.

As Robert alluded, I've previously designed my own "indoor progressives" with +0.50 overplus with reduced progression for the presbyopic opticians/receptionists and they wore the heck out of them (even outdoors by accident). It's a fun concept.
      Last edited by drk; 08-20-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Has anyone here had a patient that was upset about the Zeiss branding they are etching into the upper corners of every lens? In the past, I have been able to request them to leave their branding off but today I was told I am no longer able to do this. I tried to request "No branding" on a smartlife ind. 1.67 w/photofusion and duravision platinum and was told by the lab that I would have to switch to a synchrony if I didnt want branding. I find the logo to be pretty distracting on Non-AR coated lenses and was disappointed by the labs response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6859.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	870062

Comment

Is the etching the light bee hive boxes I'm seeing on the top corner?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
            Is the etching the light bee hive boxes I'm seeing on the top corner?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Camblor View Post
              Has anyone here had a patient that was upset about the Zeiss branding they are etching into the upper corners of every lens? In the past, I have been able to request them to leave their branding off but today I was told I am no longer able to do this. I tried to request "No branding" on a smartlife ind. 1.67 w/photofusion and duravision platinum and was told by the lab that I would have to switch to a synchrony if I didnt want branding. I find the logo to be pretty distracting on Non-AR coated lenses and was disappointed by the labs response.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14758[/ATTACH]
              No chance I would dispense those lenses.

Comment

yes I have had that issue and I stopped using zeiss after that starting being the way they did things. Its a shame and an incredibly strange decision.

Comment

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one disappointed by this.
                  I know they announced they would start doing this a couple of years ago on edged jobs but it didn’t apply to uncuts until recently. It’s not too noticeable on A/R coated jobs but it’s quite visible on non-ar lenses and it’s on BOTH lenses.

Comment

Found this site finally! Great stuff guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ben View Post
                      Found this site finally! Great stuff guys!
                      Welcome- A greenie sent to you!

Develop a thick skin and be kind to us simpletons who ask sometimes less than erudite questions.

Also- Consider subscribing and open up the Private thread where we can discuss prices and other things not for the general public's readily accessible knowledge!

Comment

This is a very expensive, uncut 1.67 Zeiss Smartlife Individual with all the bells and whistles but the forced "logo branding" isnt positioned properly and only half the logo will be visible when cut out. Who on earth thought adding this to every lens was a good idea?
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6888(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	870063

Comment

This is a very expensive, uncut 1.67 Zeiss Smartlife Individual with all the bells and whistles but the forced "logo branding" isnt positioned properly and only half the logo will be visible when cut out. Who on earth thought adding this to every lens was a good idea?
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14767[/ATTACH]
                          the idea did not come from a dispensing optician, I'll tell you that much!!! It's one of the dumbest decisions I have seen in my life. Especially when you think of the *type* of person who specifically comes in and requests zeiss

Comment

Who on earth thought adding this to every lens was a good idea?
                            Probably the same people that decided Zeiss should cut out every other lab get in bed with VSP. Seems like the bean counters are running the show to the bottom over there in Zeiss land.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallboy View Post
                              the idea did not come from a dispensing optician, I'll tell you that much!!! It's one of the dumbest decisions I have seen in my life. Especially when you think of the *type* of person who specifically comes in and requests zeiss
                              We brought this up to our rep and he said market research shows patients prefer "Branding" on their lenses and that we should use this as an opportunity to educate patients about their company....also compared it to branding done on Rayban and Maui Jim sunglasses. I think it is absolutely ridiculous and they will lose alot of business if they do not make this optional.

Comment

As a non-official shill, I've seen it on some lenses and while I think it's cool (and I think lens branding may just work) I do get worried some patient will see it, and gripe.

We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X