Thread: 6e edger freezing up no error codes

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

6e edger freezing up no error codes

My 6e freezes up during the cutting cycle. It Roughs the lens then never goes to bevel position. It then finishes the lens w no bevel and crashes into thg he arbor and I have to turn machine off just to get lens out. No error code. It's a glorified pattern maker now. Any advice helpful

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxray24 View Post
    My 6e freezes up during the cutting cycle. It Roughs the lens then never goes to bevel position. It then finishes the lens w no bevel and crashes into thg he arbor and I have to turn machine off just to get lens out. No error code. It's a glorified pattern maker now. Any advice helpful
    Open the hood and check all the crevices to make sure there's nothing caught that's causing an error. Check on both sides of the machine. Is it doing it only on specific lenses/material/RX? Have you recently had any maintenance or done any maintenance to the machine? When did it start and what were you doing before it went nuts?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    If you aren't getting an error code, it's likely a major mechanical or electrical problem. When you have a failure, no error code, and it becomes completely unresponsive, it is likely the problem goes beyond "error" and into "fault" territory, which is a much more severe type of error. Faults are problems that are so significant that the machine doesn't have any idea what to do and it basically just goes into a coma. You need a technician to take a look.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelarep View Post
    If you aren't getting an error code, it's likely a major mechanical or electrical problem. When you have a failure, no error code, and it becomes completely unresponsive, it is likely the problem goes beyond "error" and into "fault" territory, which is a much more severe type of error. Faults are problems that are so significant that the machine doesn't have any idea what to do and it basically just goes into a coma. You need a technician to take a look.
    May also be something they can walk you through over the phone. Optronics has excellent support technicians. Used to have to call them once a week for a 6E I had years ago. Thing was falling apart.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by IIxIPariahIxII View Post
    May also be something they can walk you through over the phone. Optronics has excellent support technicians. Used to have to call them once a week for a 6E I had years ago. Thing was falling apart.
    Entirely possible. Worth a shot.

Thread Information