Thread: Here's what Liberty did for COVID-19

Occupation
    Optometrist

Here's what Liberty did for COVID-19

In the middle of all of our crises to stay open and make payroll, Liberty has shipped without authorization some "kit" for "first responders".

I had specifically asked to be off their auto-ship program long ago.

When I called, they only had the defense of it being their company's response to the crisis.

I closed my account.

I find it disgusting that :
    1. they would take advantage of this situation to make sales ginning up some "first responders" sales pitch.
    2. would auto-ship something in the middle of a dire economic crisis to their accounts.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wow.. that'a terrible. I would of done the same thing.
    stay well !

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They are the worst

about a year ago I told them if I recieved another unsolicited shipment from them the next call they'd get would be from my lawyer. It worked, no more shipments.
    Last edited by Tallboy; 04-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    In the middle of all of our crises to stay open and make payroll, Liberty has shipped without authorization some "kit" for "first responders".

I had specifically asked to be off their auto-ship program long ago.

When I called, they only had the defense of it being their company's response to the crisis.

I closed my account.

I find it disgusting that :
    1. they would take advantage of this situation to make sales ginning up some "first responders" sales pitch.
    2. would auto-ship something in the middle of a dire economic crisis to their accounts.
    That's appalling. I think a lot of people are paying attention to how businesses handle their coronavirus response. I know several local businesses have won my patronage, while others have definitely lost it.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    They are vile.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboytelemark View Post
    That's appalling.
    You are darn right.

How could anyone feel that Liberty has responded to our current situation in an admirable manner? It sounds to me like just another one of their exploitative narratives like when they sent me an unasked for box with a poster of a child with a black eye so I could guilt parents into an extra pair they can't afford. It's not like they are about reasonable frame prices for parents that can't afford an extra pair of sport / saftey glasses.

Liberty can jump in a lake. I put their advertising and forced business model in the same trough of slop as the "if you don't buy blue light reflective AR lenses you are commiting child abuse" camp. That stuff can take a walk...

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I got a call from Liberty yesterday touting "Special" offers an incentives, blah, blah, blah... I shut the called down pretty quick. I used to use some of their frames for kids' protective sports glasses but they're STUPID expensive and I just don't see why. I've switched to Wiley-X, they're half the cost and I've yet to have one single problem or complaint.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I called they were very nice and sent me a free return UPS lable. NBD
    goodsearch.com vosh

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We got one too. They need to do some SERIOUS house cleaning in their marketing and bus. development departments.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Reminds me when Revolution lost their law suite to Easy Clip. They had to liquidate their inventory before it needed to be destroyed. They sent me 80 frames, (oh, 50% off!) unsolicited 5 days before I would have to pay for them through my buying group. It took me threatening them with a law suite myself before they pulled the bill from my group. ( No way could I have returned them before the bill was due).

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDie View Post
    No big deal? Ah, ok...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    yep..same thing happened to me - TWICE!.....read them the riot act..took over 2 months to get credit for first return..now have to wait for credit for the 2nd return...I was told that I got these because "I was a premium customer"..told them to change this asap...Totally unacceptable practice!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDie View Post
    I don't have time to deal with BS like that, not before and certainly right now. Glad it worked out for you though.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had that happen to me! I had a shipment from a few months ago that we did not want and returned with their return label. We just got our statement and the $1000.00 + charge is still on it! We were told by an employee last month that it was take care of and we do not owe anything. So I called them last week to complain and she said the credit is still in processing (from 3 months ago) and without pausing to take a breath in the same statement asked if I wanted to use that credit to purchase eye protection due to covid 19. Told them no, just process the credit. The next day, I get another unauthorized shipment! My office manager refused delivery with UPS and sent it back. I love the rec specs, but the company as a whole is a pain in my you know what!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Had the same situation here, received a PPE kit totally unauthorized. I got it shipped back right away, but of course the $1000 charge is on our bill already! Currently investigating moving all my sports eyewear over to Wiley X. Never dealt with them, but I keep hearing good things.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [QUOTE= Currently investigating moving all my sports eyewear over to Wiley X. Never dealt with them, but I keep hearing good things.[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Wiley X!! Their product is good, I like the range of styles including office safety-and their customer service is above and beyond! They are sending 10 face shields per office to their ECPS at n/c while supplies last. (Just log in and order, only pay s&h, around $8-$10)

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ordered a Liberty Biker frame today.

If you are a "PVC Prime" member, which I am not, I was told I had to purchase a single frame at @30% more.

If I wanted to join PVC Prime I could get the discounted price but would receive 4 shipments of frames a year that I could return if I did not want.

I think this is why you're getting these "unsolicited" orders.

I was also told I got free shipping if I ordered 2 additional frames w/ the Biker.

I just priced the Biker accordingly.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 06-10-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: tweak...

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    My Liberty Sport Rep calls me more than my own mama does.

I ignore all his calls after making it very clear I am not interested in anything he has to say or offer.

So, he leaves me voicemails 4 minutes long and marks them URGENT lmao.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just got a call. They sent an email for free PPE equiptment. They are tricky, it's only free for 90 days then they charge you. I think I'm going to have to pass. It's pretty sad a business is run like that.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bta89 View Post
    Just got a call. They sent an email for free PPE equiptment. They are tricky, it's only free for 90 days then they charge you. I think I'm going to have to pass. It's pretty sad a business is run like that.
    So, before 90 days, you can return the used PPE and not be charged? Doesn't sound like a bad deal

Thread Information