Thread: Eyemed - Optical Procurement Services, do you have a negative balance?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Eyemed - Optical Procurement Services, do you have a negative balance?

Did any Eyemed Providers receive a negative charge, for Optical Procurement Services from Eyemed?
    This does not make sense to me because charge backs should have been deducted from the remittance.
    Please advise...

"We found several accounts with negative balances associated with chargebacks and materials purchased from Optical Procurement Services (OPS), the lab processing arm of our business. We do apologize for the delay in communicating these negative balances. Our desire is to arrive at a solution for payment to remedy these dollar amounts.

The charges accrued during the normal course of business. And, in fact, you should already be aware of these balances as negative statements were provided during your normal course of business. Payment for the negative balance is due within 90 days from the postmarked date identified on the communication. After 90 days, collection efforts will be in effect. For more information, please go to www.eyemedinfocus.com/billing-faqs."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We have been thru this. Here what I decided to do. These are discount plans and if you submit thru EyeMed this will always happen. We only submit exam thru EyeMed and give the discount called for on the plan. Then call it into whichever lab that is cheapest for you. This way you do not have to deal with OPS, which is a cop out by the company that the person works. They are nothing but discount plan.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrownlee View Post
    We have been thru this. Here what I decided to do. These are discount plans and if you submit thru EyeMed this will always happen. We only submit exam thru EyeMed and give the discount called for on the plan. Then call it into whichever lab that is cheapest for you. This way you do not have to deal with OPS, which is a cop out by the company that the person works. They are nothing but discount plan.
    +1. If it is an "unlimited" EyeMed discount plan for materials, bill the exam only and use your own suppliers as though it's a private pay order.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    These are not discount plans. They are all funded plans.

Thread Information