Thread: Optiboard's Re-Birth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've sold all the major manufacturers thru the years. My favorite of the big guys was Safilo. I like some of De Rigo/REM (Philippe Plein & Varvatos in particular) but flooded online.

Private OD office that I'm currently working at only sells independent frame lines.

Lines that I would recommend:

Lafont - Art Deco styling made in France. Good quality, great styling and colors.

Tom Davies - offers Bespoke custom made frames made in England. You can customize almost every aspect (eyesize, bridge size, bridge type, temple length, frame curvature, colors of frame front, nose pads, temple color, temple cover color) My personal favorite and what I'm wearing.

Gold and Wood - very high end frames with amazing craftsmanship. 2 year warranty and pt can register the frame for an additional year of warranty. Wood frames are spectacular, some have buffalo horn as well. Offer gold plated rimless and 18 ct gold rimless with jewels of pts choice. Only thing I don't like is the "standard" rimless - Mercure and Luna - use Monel (WTF?)

Nano Vista - great virtually indestructible kids line that is very colorful. They have some glow-in-dark models.

We also have some niche brands like Henau (geometric shapes) and Faniel (artistic frames using recycled acetate) that are interesting.

Anyone sell any 3D printed frames? We sell Monoqool but I'm not really thrilled with them. We are considering switching to Klenzebaum.
    Last edited by Elvis Is Alive; 10-07-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Thread Information