Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Optiboard's Re-Birth

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Saw a couple of brands recently from Thelios/LVMH: Celine and Fendi.

Celine: Large chunky Mazzuchelli acetate frames, only a few metals. Have a signature 3 dot to frame front near temples. Sadly, they arent actual rivets, all for show. Quality is good. Styling is probably a bit polarizing. Reminded me of optical frame versions of Oliver Goldsmith sunglasses. Price point was a bit higher than I was expecting.

Fendi: Good mix of acetate and metals. Lots of nice details that incorporate the various Fendi logos. Good styling. Great product for pts looking for a "name brand" Price point was reasonable for the brand and quality. Much better quality than a similiar brand that has a "face" logo. Recommended

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    Hey a Modo rep just stopped in. Any reviews of Modo?

Modo are great. I don't know any other stylish and quality titanium frames at that price point. Only issue is the sizing range. But the colours and shapes are cool.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Just saw Polo/Ralph Lauren from your friends at Luxottica.

I think they're doing quite well. The quality seems up, the styling seems to be more unique to their brand, and the variety is good.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just saw Polo/Ralph Lauren from your friends at Luxottica.

I think they're doing quite well. The quality seems up, the styling seems to be more unique to their brand, and the variety is good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	palpatine-sith.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	15488

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Vogue from Luxottica: always something fun. Not a bad little collection for quirk that can sell. Good/great for young people.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    And no one needs to hear about Kate Spade but I finally pulled the trigger. It suffers from terminal cuteness. It is already selling well.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kate Spade used to be a good seller at a previous job. Most of the styles are small for petites, at least back a couple of years ago.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Let's just do it.

Someone post something interesting.

I'll try.

Let's dish on Tura.

I think the whole German Eschenbach purchase thingy (of probably ten years ago) was a bad move. The company seems stagnant. And they're way overpriced as well. Quality? OK. Design? OK. Service? OK, I guess. Price? Man!

Let's dish on Marchon.
    Dag, they are overpriced. Way, way, way overpriced. And boring.

Let's gush on Kerig. I saw the Puma line and thought they were fun and cheap. Gucci was good. I never bought.

Let's give kudos to Prodesign...I mean, DesignEyewear Group. I'm just confused! (But I do kinda like that "Nifties" idea.)

Is Safilo still afloat? Thier Liz Claiborne is pretty dang good, for mainline junk.

I do like Silver Do.....I mean, SDEyes (yech). If you are a hunter and gatherer, you can build some neat stuff.

Luxottica's Armani Exchange and Vogue and Rayban are killer good. Sorry.

And Silhouette's an idiot. On so many fronts I can't begin to say.
    Silhouette is dog doo. Four numbers for the shapes, colors, and styles is stupid. It's beta-titanium crap that breaks all the time. their partner website is atrocious. They break more than double the rate of Lindbergs. They keep adding lines and so it's ridiculous to keep up. If you need a pattern they probably don't have it. Some of their frames look like literal paperclips. Their shapes are horrible. If you have a higher Rx then the mountings are going to be jacked looking. Just all around a cheap and terrible brand

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post
    Saw a couple of brands recently from Thelios/LVMH: Celine and Fendi.

Celine: Large chunky Mazzuchelli acetate frames, only a few metals. Have a signature 3 dot to frame front near temples. Sadly, they arent actual rivets, all for show. Quality is good. Styling is probably a bit polarizing. Reminded me of optical frame versions of Oliver Goldsmith sunglasses. Price point was a bit higher than I was expecting.

Fendi: Good mix of acetate and metals. Lots of nice details that incorporate the various Fendi logos. Good styling. Great product for pts looking for a "name brand" Price point was reasonable for the brand and quality. Much better quality than a similiar brand that has a "face" logo. Recommended
    I Always check for real rivets and the reps don't know what I'm talking about either way.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_S View Post
    Lindberg is so overrated.
    Cartier is so overrated.
    Chopard are appalling quality.
    RayBan, terrible, plus you are an enemy of the profession if you carry.

Am I doing it right?
    Out of curiosity, why do you think Lindberg is overrated?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You know what's selling hot? (You probably do...) Anything translucent. Especially the off-crystal pinks/tans.
    They were really hot for a moment and then poof

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice Pro 9000 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you think Lindberg is overrated?
    For me, lindberg Is awesome but overpriced and have a sell marketing too aggressive

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Saw Dolabany today. We kill it with their TR90 Sardi as a utility frame. But they have so much more interesting stuff. It's slightly pricier but lots of color. Worth a look.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Saw the new Tocco brand from Studio Optyx a couple of days ago.

Titanium rimless collection of 24 pieces that includes 2 different chassis designs (very similiar to each other), 24 different colors, 24 different lens shapes, use the same compression plugs as Silhouette.

Works just like Silhouette in that typically you wil just keep the collection on display and order a chassis to either dropship to lab, and send to office when placing a pt order.

24 piece buy-in (whole collection). Good thicker titanium build quality, temples are nicely designed. Shapes weren't super great, but it is rimless so you can do whatever you like or use any rimless pattern out there. Price is about half that of Silhouette at wholesale. Only gripe is i'm not a fan of the nose pads (oval slip-in), otherwise it is a good product at a great price. Recommend.

https://www.studiooptyx.com/tocco
    Last edited by Elvis Is Alive; 11-29-2023 at 01:32 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post
    Saw the new Tocco brand from Studio Optyx a couple of days ago.

Titanium rimless collection of 24 pieces that includes 2 different chassis designs (very similiar to each other), 24 different colors, 24 different lens shapes, use the same compression plugs as Silhouette.

Works just like Silhouette in that typically you wil just keep the collection on display and order a chassis to either dropship to lab, and send to office when placing a pt order.

24 piece buy-in (whole collection). Good thicker titanium build quality, temples are nicely designed. Shapes weren't super great, but it is rimless so you can do whatever you like or use any rimless pattern out there. Price is about half that of Silhouette at wholesale. Only gripe is i'm not a fan of the nose pads (oval slip-in), otherwise it is a good product at a great price. Recommend.

https://www.studiooptyx.com/tocco

What do they retail for?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by NAICITPO View Post
    What do they retail for?
    PM sent

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Tag Heuer eyewear is being resurrected. Most Thelios brands I've seen have been good quality. I'm sure they will be pretty expensive.

https://www.visionmonday.com/busines...heuer-eyewear/

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Frédéric Arnault, CEO of Tag Heuer, said, “We are extremely proud about our return to eyewear with breakthrough designs involving avant-garde techniques and cutting-edge materials, reigniting a piece of our legacy from 2002. The introduction of our new eyewear collection in collaboration with Thélios represents for us not just an addition of an accessory line. Our ambition is to set new standards in the eyewear category and to completely disrupt it.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our patients love Silhouette here, but our rep is fantastic, she was a former optician so she definitely knows how to sell the frames , i've found our office offers a different variety than the other shops here though, most do ray-bans and oakleys, charmant, etc, but we favor Wiley-X, and maui jim and have the o'neils or ducks for the men that like a sportier fit. The ladies love kate spade's and tura's lines.. i've found our younger patients enjoy longchamps.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Just saw Kate Spade. They are working hard on it. They have details and styling and colors and nuances. Now the styles are anywhere from rather classic to slightly fashion-forward, but it's generally tame. I think it's nice.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Saw a nice Lux rep today. They're all so nice. They're employees. Smile.

Polo: continues to have some fairly quality pieces that look like their heiritage and are priced nicely. The market in the midwest for the preppy look isn't huge, but this is where to get it.
    They also have more of a "Polo Sport" kind of look, where it's easy to wear and casual. These sell better.
    In general, they have a personality. Whether your patients like that personality or not is up to them.

Ralph: this is a low-priced line, like much of Lux's stuff. The quality is today's average. There is enough style diversity in the collection (shape, color) to have a decent number of pieces. Their sunwear is inexpensive and good to Rx.

If I didn't like it, I wouldn't buy it myself and stock it. I think it's "good". Three our of five stars.

Thread Information