Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Optiboard's Re-Birth

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Is Alive View Post
    I saw Zero G Titanium today. Inline groove titanium frames similiar to Ovvo, Lool, Mykita, ic Berlin, etc, where they are cut from sheets. Quality was really good. They look much more polished than Ovvo which look more industrial and raw to me.

Screwless hinges as are the norm with these type of frames. I like the Zero G hinges better than any of the similar brands I've seen. Colors are fairly neutral, nothing loud. Decent selection of more feminine styles, although they certain lean more heavily towards men in general. Acetates were mostly polished finish, all using the same hinges. Most were really sturdy with 6mm thick frame fronts. Acetate is sourced from Italy and Japan. Decent selection of universal/asain fit options in acetate.

Buy in is 40 pieces. Wholesale is higher than the other brands in the category. If we carry it, we would probably only stock the titaniums. I think Zero G is worth the slight premium over Ovvo and ic Berlin. Lool is still a great option for someone looking for a lower price point too though.
    have you tried to replace the barrel in the hinges? or try to round out the the two hinges that hold the barrel? they can be a real pain sometimes. the guy that started Zero G had another brand and I'm blanking on it but he'll work with you if you are a good customer.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    He (Tom Cody) was the one who came to our office to show us the frames. He also showed us a tool you use to make changing the round barrel easy. He said we would get the tool if we open an account. He changed them out pretty quickly and easily. Nice guy.

The other brand is maybe OG. It has just launched. Acetate frames.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So yesterday I got to see a brand that hasn't launched in the USA yet: https://www.klenzebaum.com/en/

The new rep happened to be in the area for a trunk show for another line he carries. They are a 3D printed brand of eyewear based out of Munich, Germany.

I've sold both Monoqool and Orgreen's quantum line of 3D printed frames before and have seen a few other brands of them.

I must say the Klenze and Baum are my favorites in the 3D printed genre. They have some nice unique features like the magnetic hinges that are virtually indestructable and can be reattached super easily. Several layers of customization with frame and hinge colors, optional titanium nosepads in multiple colors.

Custom sizing can be ordered. Temples can be shortened with a removable temple endpiece. Very well thought out line and nice tech features. They have some translucent frame colors that closely resemble acetate but much lighter. Apparently they use a new process to harden the resin with light. They call it Acelike

One of the collections is super chunky and is hollow. Very lightweight compared an acetate of the same size and thickness. Overall a well thought out design to 3D frames.

5 year warranty. I believe I was quoted a 25 piece buy-in. I only have one isssue with the line but it is a big one for me. Cost of these are high.

Once 3D printed frames come down in cost in the future, I think they will be huge factor. Cheap to print and little to no waste, eco-friendly, etc will make them highly attractive. Right now, we are footing the development cost of the printing machines.

Thread Information