Thread: Davis Vision - Contact Information

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Davis Vision - Contact Information

Hi all, does anyone have a reliable contact number at Davis that will result in an actual person answering the phone? We have several lab re-makes and billing issues and have waited on hold literally for hours to no avail. The number we are calling is [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1-800-773-2847. It's absolutely ridiculous that an insurance company can operate like this.....[/COLOR]

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoorlag View Post
    Hi all, does anyone have a reliable contact number at Davis that will result in an actual person answering the phone? We have several lab re-makes and billing issues and have waited on hold literally for hours to no avail. The number we are calling is [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1-800-773-2847. It's absolutely ridiculous that an insurance company can operate like this.....[/COLOR]
    As far as I can tell there isn't a better number. My last wait time was 6.5 hours for a simple Rx change.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    try (877) 518-8752. i have gotten a person on the line in under 10 minutes with that number. but it is very hit and miss.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    forget davis for now...in GA it has escalated to lawsuit..cannot file claims..maybe on a good day an exam claim will go through..tough luck on glasses or contacts...and as for getting anyone at Davis to help..forget it...apparently its a nationwide issue that needs to be resolved.....we are discounting material services for the time being and having our patients complain to their human resources department.....

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Is anyone in PA using a NON DAVIS lab for their orders? I'm not talking about a "Davis approved" lab or a lab on site in your office. We would like to par but use our local lab. We are not getting any answers from them other than a standard email response about making changes to our account. I am hearing people are trying to switch but Davis is not sending them the papers or forms (?) they need. So I'm wondering if anyone has successfully made the switch from Davis lab to another lab and how did you manage to do that? Supposedly Gov Wolf signed the bill in Jan that stated that they had to allow us to use the lab of our choice and my understanding is that they are not complying. Shocker. Currently we par for exams but not materials and we are having a lot of patients get materials elsewhere. We would like to par, but obviously don't want to deal with the on hold times and the sloppy work from the Davis labs. Any advice would be appreciated!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We went thru this in ga..they tried everything to keep us from our ga contract etc...our od board finally threatened lawsuit...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    We went thru this in ga..they tried everything to keep us from our ga contract etc...our od board finally threatened lawsuit...
    Thank you for your help. I'll pass that information on to my manager and see where we go from there. Perhaps we too need to get a lawyer on that,
    Last edited by mervinek; 09-09-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Balester Optical in Wilkes Barre PA. We were using that lab for all of our Eyemed and VSP jobs. When Versant allowed you to switch from their crappy labs in PA and TX, Balester was one of the allowed labs. So we jumped on it. We get most jobs within 7-10 days of ordering, even after COVID started. Any redos or changes, you can call them directly. I only have to call Versant now for Medicaid jobs that are handled by their PA lab.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Davis makes Eyemed and VSP look like the best customer service and labs in the world. I don't understand how they can be that bad and still be worth so much money on the open market. Metlife just bought Versant Health for 1.7 Billion. I hope they got a good discount.

Thread Information