Thread: Experience with Patch?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Experience with Patch?

This is an app for OON claims-we have been doing that without Patch for 5 years with success and Patch wants me to pay them for.........?? Anybody using this app?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our office used Patch for a couple months. I never used it but they decided to get rid of it. I think they were paying for per month than they were making.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    here's a thread from a year ago...https://www.optiboard.com/forums/sho...ighlight=patch

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our experience with Patch for about the past 4 months has been mostly positive. We are using them for EyeMed OON and.... it 80% works. Sometimes it will seem to conclusively state that a patient does not have any benefits ( or maybe no OON benefits ) and contacting Patch support they will find that they do. That's kind of unfortunate because that means you can't really rely on the answer from the web page, you have to then start a chat with support.

Also as we are OON we can not really see what is happening with claims after we submit them. A few customers have confirmed for us that they received their checks, and a few have told us they received rejection notices. If we could see claim status that would be a HUGE improvement.

We also had one patient where Patch said they had benefits, we filed the claim, and the patient said she didn't get anything. No check, no mail with a rejection, nothing at all. After a 1.5-hour 3-way-call with the patient and myself waiting on hold for EyeMed, EM said they have no OON benefits at all. I contacted Patch and they said "our mistake, sorry, we will cover it and send a check to the patient, they will receive it in about 2 weeks". That sounds pretty good to me, I was very impressed! But three weeks later - no check. Patch then says it will be another 1-2 weeks. After a few days they said the check had been mailed. 2 weeks after that the patient still says they have not received anything. I have not been there to check their mailbox... did they throw it out thinking it was junkmail? Or get it and cash it, but still tell us they didn't so we would give them more discount to make up for the inconvenience?

So.... mostly it is good, but it is not "great". Too many little problems.

But trying to take EyeMed OON without it seems much harder - customer to customer, we have no idea who has OON and who doesn't, and the customers don't ever know. So then we have to work with them to call and ask, and they get the sales pitch from EM about going in-network, etc.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Global_Optical View Post
    After a few days they said the check had been mailed. 2 weeks after that the patient still says they have not received anything. I have not been there to check their mailbox... did they throw it out thinking it was junkmail? Or get it and cash it, but still tell us they didn't so we would give them more discount to make up for the inconvenience?

So.... mostly it is good, but it is not "great". Too many little problems.

But trying to take EyeMed OON without it seems much harder - customer to customer, we have no idea who has OON and who doesn't, and the customers don't ever know. So then we have to work with them to call and ask, and they get the sales pitch from EM about going in-network, etc.

The patient called 2 days ago, the check finally showed up! That could be partly due to Patch delaying longer than they said they did, and partly due to holiday postal delays. Whatever, it is finally cleared up.

And there was another patient who I just decided to check on - I checked their benefits in Patch a month after their claim had been filed, and it showed their benefits were unused. I E-mailed Patch asking them to follow up. It took an eternity ( holiday and year-end backlog I am sure ) but they replied that apparently EyeMed had never received the claim so they would submit it again.

That is the thing I worry about - you just can't really depend on it going right. If you could count on the results of clicking the "submit claim" button then this would be great.

Thread Information