Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Versant!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Trouble with Versant!

I can't seem to place an order. When i select the progressive, a box pops up telling me i'm out of range...This happens regardless of the lens type selected.

The rx is as follows -0.50 -0.50 x 090 O.U. +1.75 add
    I've called them twice and the reps have no idea what is causing it. They tried inputting the order with the same results, and keep telling me to delete the order and start over in a day or two...I tried this again today. No luck. Waiting now for another call back.

Anyone else fighting with this?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Versant website is buggy at best. I was placing a SV order today and I could not put an ultra tier AR on the lens. Also they still don't have all of their own frames in the catalog when you are ordering lenses only. I am hoping at least to get better results from the lab.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Yep.

Surprise, surprise. The new DAVIS website blows.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Our Mess with Versant

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Lab View Post
    Yep.

Surprise, surprise. The new DAVIS website blows.
    We have spent 25-30 hour on hold talking to CS, Provider Service and with Superior (don't ask me how) but they transfer me jus to get rid of us. With the new website we don't always get the option to file exam on every patient. We have 2 patients that use executive bifocal because of their job and it is not an option.(Their company only allows Superior same rules for Davis)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrownlee View Post
    We have spent 25-30 hour on hold talking to CS, Provider Service and with Superior (don't ask me how) but they transfer me jus to get rid of us. With the new website we don't always get the option to file exam on every patient. We have 2 patients that use executive bifocal because of their job and it is not an option.(Their company only allows Superior same rules for Davis)
    I am dreading this. To date we are still just using the standard Davis interface, but I know this will suck.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Seems like it's so bad that they are now doing "Routine Maintenance"....

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    thank the lucky stars that we initiated a Georgia contract and don't have to deal with this!!!!!..2 hour holds waiting to place a redo order days are over!!! relief!!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    What is the Georgia contract?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    in Georgia you can get an "out of network" contract whereby you can still do business with eyemed, spectera, now versant(davis/superior) and you use your own labs, do not have to carry their frames etc. You still get reimbursement from these companies, albeit a little less, but without all the hassles. A Georgia optometrist sued Spectera years ago on the premise that an insurance company is not allaowed to dictate how and where you do your business. in essence taking away freedom of choice. It has been a godsend to us

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    skt, be very careful of charges and reimbursements when dealing with payers under the GA opt-out contracts. We were doing our own VSP work until we realized they continue to charge their material chargeback fees even if we're paying our own lab bill. Yes, you read that right, I spent hours on repeated calls with our Provider Relations reps over the issue, and refused to sign a new contract until the issue was clarified.

The reps took it up to a higher level and came back two weeks later with the same answer- the fees will remain whether we use our own lab or the contract lab. Be sure you're not paying for materials twice like we were. Look at the first bullet point in their Lab Network Opt-Out Policy You may need to be signed into VSP Online to follow that link.

(Attached is a screen shot of Page 1 of the Opt-Out Policy, look at the first bullet point. The "Materials Chargeback" for an N progressive is $95.00)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSP Lab Opt-Out 09-2019.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	14516

We're still using the Davis lab because they insisted we offer only the progressives offered in their formulary- even when using our own lab. Are we now free to use our expertise to offer choices we feel are more appropriate?

-Tim
    Last edited by tsmith1315; 11-07-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Clarify link

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know many here have no say so over if or what insurance plans you accept, but I just don't understand how owners feel accepting them really improves their bottom line, or their reputation to patients. I assure you it's possible to be just as profitable (if not more so) not accepting any insurance plans.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    I know many here have no say so over if or what insurance plans you accept, but I just don't understand how owners feel accepting them really improves their bottom line, or their reputation to patients. I assure you it's possible to be just as profitable (if not more so) not accepting any insurance plans.
    We ask our new patients how they found us. One of the most common responses is their vision insurance company's website.

I know it's possible to be profitable without insurance. Cutting off established business models cold turkey? Not so much.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's my understanding the money is in the medical for Doc's and if that means taking break even crappy eye glass benefits- so be it.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    angehamm..agreed..sadly..but it is what it is..have to take them...secondary sales etc however make a big difference in profit

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    angehamm..agreed..sadly..but it is what it is..have to take them...secondary sales etc however make a big difference in profit
    Absolutely. Second pairs, sunglasses, task-specific lenses, etc. And learning how to maximize each insurance plan for minimum loss.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just got our last payment. We got payed 15.00 for the exams. So now we have to wait on hold for who knows how long to try and get it fixed.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I work at a small, 1-doc private practice in NW GA and we do not accept any VCP's. Granted this is well established practice but we are also surrounded by carpet mills that offer vision insurance to their employees. We keep OON forms for the most popular plans that we give to our patients with their receipts so they can file for reimbursement. Although we are small, we are EXTREMELY busy with a staff of 6 to keep up with just one doc-and we aren't the only practice in town. I have worked at other offices that accepted VCP's and I understand the allure but especially after reading about all the problems you guys have I am very, very grateful I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    we did not opt-out of vsp..not a good deal for us..did look into it however...we are dong just fine with emed, spectera and now davis

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have the same in Texas, it's amazing
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Had a patient from another office that does not take Davis. They wanted to do safety frames and safety lens because Davis said they that they could do so. I called the lab to see if they could. They called Versant and they said no safety frames or lens only industrial lens in a regular frame. I did try to called Versant. I was on hold for nearly 2 hours. No answer. Lab called back (they did more checking) and said we could not do safety glasses as maybe Davis could at their lab as they show safety frames on Davis web site. More wasted time!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrownlee View Post
    Had a patient from another office that does not take Davis. They wanted to do safety frames and safety lens because Davis said they that they could do so. I called the lab to see if they could. They called Versant and they said no safety frames or lens only industrial lens in a regular frame. I did try to called Versant. I was on hold for nearly 2 hours. No answer. Lab called back (they did more checking) and said we could not do safety glasses as maybe Davis could at their lab as they show safety frames on Davis web site. More wasted time!
    To help cut the confusion I always ask if the glasses need to meet "Osha Safety Standards" as in safety markings on frames and lenses.
    Other then that all glasses should be meeting "Dress" safety standards.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say. Now I am curious, quoting from your post, what is a "industrial lens" in a "regular frame"?
    Is it meant to meet "OSHA" standards or "dress" standards?
    Not supposed to put safety marked lenses into dress frames or dress lenses into safety marked frames.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGREEN View Post
    Not supposed to put safety marked lenses into dress frames or dress lenses into safety marked frames.
    I don't know of any lab that would agree to safety stamp any lenses in a non-safety frame, or which would put non-safety lenses in a safety frame.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I don't know of any lab that would agree to safety stamp any lenses in a non-safety frame, or which would put non-safety lenses in a safety frame.
    I for sure know I wouldn't. But just for conversations sake........what if the safety markings were removed from the frame? Can you now put dress lenses in it? We all have come across it. Someone has retired from their job that kept them supplied with way to many OSHA safety frames and now they want you to put dress lenses in them. Would you file off the safety mark and use it for the patient?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Since all pieces of the safety frame are stamped, it would be quite obvious if they were removed.

I won't modify a safety frame for any reason. Either put real safety lenses in the old safety frame, or the patient ponies up for a new frame.
    -Tim

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As of yesterday, were switched over to the new versant system/forms..oh my god!!!!! a flipping nightmare!..getting authorizations, filing claims..what a trainwreck!!!!!!!

Thread Information