Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with Poly Trans xtractive FT28 Delaminating

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was told by two labs not to use poly transitions ft tops. I was advised to use Trivex. We have had many problems and no longer the polycarb product. My question to the labs is why to sell a defective product??

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We always without fail have this issue when Life Rx is used. We no longer order it but occasionally our lab will try to pass it off as the younger poly composite lens and sure enough it delaminates.
    Pez:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hmm... Just had a guy come in today with a Poly FT28 Transitions (not xtra active just normal Transitions) lens that is delaminating. Previous optician thought it was a Crizal issue for whatever reason. Patient is unwilling to pay for hi index lenses and has 8 diopters of prism in each eye, base out, so I assume that's why he was put in poly. Have to eat the cost as this is the second remake and no longer warrantied with the lab. I wonder if it would save us $ in the long run to just comp the hi index upgrade on the next pair?
    Krystle

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystleClear View Post
    Hmm... Just had a guy come in today with a Poly FT28 Transitions (not xtra active just normal Transitions) lens that is delaminating. Previous optician thought it was a Crizal issue for whatever reason. Patient is unwilling to pay for hi index lenses and has 8 diopters of prism in each eye, base out, so I assume that's why he was put in poly. Have to eat the cost as this is the second remake and no longer warrantied with the lab. I wonder if it would save us $ in the long run to just comp the hi index upgrade on the next pair?
    I would get the rep to get you those at no cost. It's an undeniable ongoing issue with that product.
    Roy W. Jackson, Sr. ABOC

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Most of us may remember the ReacTint debacle about 12 years ago. VisionEase corrected that and we haven't had many issues with them since. We did switch to NeoChromes and have seen zero issues with poly photos. If your lab can provide the Neos, have them do so, instead of the ReacTint.
    I bend light. That is what I do.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by KrystleClear View Post
    If the rep do not want change it

Throw it away and go with 1.6 minor brand

Or if you want stay with poly try the way lensmanmd have says.

Thread Information