Hoya Sensity vs Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoya Sensity vs Transitions

What are everyone’s thoughts on Hoya Sensity vs Transitions...have you used both and do you have any preference?
    Transitions
    0%
    Hoya Sensity
    0%

The poll is expired.

Prefer Sensity. And transitions is owned by essilor so if you care about the industry, avoid it.

Comment

Sensity is too dark. Perhaps even a bit more than Transitions Xtra. Also not impressed with the clarity indoors, at least with the first generation Sensity we tried.

Comment

The one I really like is VSP Optics's SunSync.
        I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

We use them all. I feel like they all more or less do the exact thing. I feel like people working in optical can tell a difference usually, but as far as giving them to my patients, I don't think they notice. I haven't had a single patient come back because they were put in Sensity or Sunsync vs Transitions. Usually for us it comes down to cost.

Comment

Don't forget Photofusion!
            "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
              Don't forget Photofusion!
              Probably my least-favorite of the bunch. The gray lens is incredibly purple.
              I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Does LifeRx still delaminate horrifically with nothing more than a sideways glance?

Comment

PhotoFusion clears so quickly though!

Comment

I love my PhotoFusions! Darkens quickly and lightens almost as quickly. Better than any Transitions, including the 8. I do not notice any purple hue to them.
                    I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
                      Does LifeRx still delaminate horrifically with nothing more than a sideways glance?
                      No issues. I have not had to redo any in the past five years for delamination in any frame.
                      I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

I like more the grey color of the sensity

Comment

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
                          You betcha!
                          Pez:D

Comment

I like the photofusion as well, It lightens so quick. I have to agree with bt89 though, I do not think most consumers could tell the difference between most of the lenses. I have seen many life rx delams over the years.

Comment

I'm still on strike against HOYA until they get their ---- together and make amends for past transgressions.

I'm a fan of PhotoFusion brown, myself. A lot of patients say it has a red undertone, which I don't see myself, but they also seem to like this since the pickier ones say it helps match it to black frames better. As others have pointed out it also clears quicker, and Zeiss' customer support has been light years ahead of Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                              X