Double D Occupational PAL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double D Occupational PAL?

So I am 99% sure that these don't exist, but I just had a DD pt ask if there was anything like that available, as he doesn't care for the cosmetics of his lined BFs. I told him I was pretty sure no, but that I would at least look into it for him. Obviously what it says on the tin, is there a prog with intermediate at the top, followed by a standard PAL progression? Searching various places for occupational bifocals obvs comes up with DD and all, but occupational PAL just turns up office/computer style lenses.

Originally posted by juno View Post
    So I am 99% sure that these don't exist, but I just had a DD pt ask if there was anything like that available, as he doesn't care for the cosmetics of his lined BFs. I told him I was pretty sure no, but that I would at least look into it for him. Obviously what it says on the tin, is there a prog with intermediate at the top, followed by a standard PAL progression? Searching various places for occupational bifocals obvs comes up with DD and all, but occupational PAL just turns up office/computer style lenses.
    Juno,

Nothing since Essilor's 20th century Overview.

Someone might have software for a double blended that can be generated on a free-form machine, but watch for an excessively wide blend zone (get a sample).

Consider modifying the distance power for intermediate use or a Chemistrie Clip for the upgaze.

Hope this helps,

Robert Martellaro
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

NM...I have been asleep at the wheel. The only DD available is lined.
      Best bet is to contact Scott at Bad *** in Richmond, CA. He does some esoteric custom work, but it comes at a cost.
      I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

You should be able to get a FF round seg in the top and a PAL on the bottom. Quest Vision in FL can make just about anything. I am curious as to where this person is wearing their Double D lenses and are worried about cosmetics?

Comment

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
          I am curious as to where this person is wearing their Double D lenses and are worried about cosmetics?
          That is a fair point. I wonder who they are trying to impress.
          I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

The pt wears the DD as kind of his daily pair, since they're daily at work doing their thing. And then doesn't want to feel like they needs to swap glasses when coming home/going out. I don't make the requests, people, I just take em. Thanks for the leads, we'll take a peek at some of them and see what might work for the patient, assuming they aren't put off by whatever cost we find

Comment

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
              You should be able to get a FF round seg in the top and a PAL on the bottom. Quest Vision in FL can make just about anything. I am curious as to where this person is wearing their Double D lenses and are worried about cosmetics?
              Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_S View Post
                Lol
                Haha, did I miss something?

Comment

The concept of someone wearing a double d for fashion reasons amused me

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher

Comment

Varilux used to offer a lens called the pilot it was a varilux2 on the bottom with an Ultex seg on the top with 60% power of the bottom add.

Comment

Riverside Optical in Ottawa Canada makes a Persona Vocation progressive.
                        10mm upper separation from centre line

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhorse View Post
                          Riverside Optical in Ottawa Canada makes a Persona Vocation progressive.
                          10mm upper separation from centre line
                          progressive bottom , flat top 28 upper

Comment

The Persona Vocation lens is a hybrid lens design consisting of a free form progressive lens on the bottom half of the lens combined with a conventional straight top segment on the upper portion of the lens. It provides the advantage of the superb clarity of a Persona Phd progressive design combined with a fixed power segment on the upper portion of the lens.

Comment

Working...
                            X